FLRC Challenge group run tentatively set for Sunday, 6/11 at 8:30 AM at the Cass Park Black Diamond entrance

Well, this is tricky. We’re scheduled to have an FLRC Challenge group run on the out-and-back Black Diamond Park to Park course (Cass Park entrance) on Sunday at 8:30 AM. But it’s been a tough week for running, and while the conditions seem to be improving as the smoke blows to Philadelphia and Washington D.C. today, there’s no real telling what it will be like on Sunday. And of course, everyone is welcome to do whatever they want.

So here’s the plan. On Saturday night at 10 PM, I’ll make the call based on the AQI and my guess of how it will change on Sunday:

• Under 150: We’ll go ahead with the group run.
  • Over 150: I’ll cancel, and you can exercise on your own.

I’ll base the call primarily on the Ellis Hollow monitoring sensors, which you can check as well. Either way, I’ll post in this topic on the forum, so come here to check—you won’t automatically receive email unless you visit the forum website and set this topic or the Group Runs to Watching by clicking the blue bell button to the right.

If we do have the group run, we’ll aim to start running around 8:45 AM. If it seems nice enough to hang out afterward, we’ll have some post-run snacks—make sure to vote in the pace poll so we can bring enough. Voting in the pace poll also helps newcomers get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, and while FLRC membership and FLRC Challenge participation are encouraged (nudge, nudge!), neither is required. If you’re not running the Challenge, please sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver. You only need to sign once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set—check here.)

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for future group runs—you don’t need to run at the front!—contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar—instructions here.

@Challengers The air quality forecast looks good for tomorrow morning so I hope to see lots of people at the Black Diamond Trail Cast Park entrance tomorrow at 8:30.

Hi Adam. Erin and I need to start so we will probably just go.

Yet another group run that couldn’t be beat, with the main group bolstered by a couple of latecomers and another group that started at the far end and ran down, though they may not have done the full course because I don’t see any activity log entries for them. Congrats to @blairh for her longest run ever!

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Carpool to Right to Run race