FLRC Challenge kickoff group run on Saturday, 4/15 at 8:30 AM at Cornell Botanic Gardens

It’s time for the FLRC Challenge, a great excuse to gather for a group run and explore the area. Sign up for the Challenge today!

We’ll be meeting in the Cornell Botanic Gardens at 8:30 AM to run the new 5.2-mile Cornell Scenic Circuit course (check the course page for a Google Map pin and RunGo directions). After the usual milling, introductions, and explanation of Challenge timing (download the Webscorer app!), we’ll aim to start around 8:45 AM. You can park at the start and other spots as shown.

Please vote in the pace poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, and while FLRC membership and FLRC Challenge participation are encouraged, neither is required. If you’re not running the Challenge, please sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver. You only need to sign once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set—check here.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply below with meetup ideas.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride

0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

Last year’s FLRC Challenge kickoff run, also in the Cornell Botanic Gardens, on a colder day.

1 Like

I am having trouble finding this route in the RunGo app. I tried searching by name of the route and nothing seems to come up

Hi Kyle! RunGo directions aren’t quite ready yet. When they are, a link will be posted on the course’s web page. Until they’re ready, you can find the course on MapMyRun. From there you can download the GPX file and upload that to your watch for directions.

1 Like

OK. Thanks for the update

OK, @Kyle_Reynolds and everyone else, the Cornell Scenic Circuit page now has full RunGo directions along with a photo of the start/finish.

https://fingerlakesrunners.org/challenge/cornell-scenic-circuit/

3 Likes

Is anyone coming who could give me a ride home? I live in the Ellis Hollow area, not far from the community center. I’m not one of the faster runners and I think it will take me about an hour to finish. Plus it would be nice to hang out for a little while after.

Wow, @Challengers — barring our Tuesday night MITHACAL MILERS workouts, this was our largest group run since we started tracking in 2020, with 41 people on a truly lovely morning. Welcome to all the new folks, and I hope everyone had a good time, heat notwithstanding.

6 Likes