FLRC Challenge kickoff group run on Saturday, 4/20 at 8:30 AM at Stevenson/Dryden Rail Trail (FH Fox)

Recruit your friends, put on your running shoes, and join us on the FLRC Challenge kickoff group run on the FH Fox course!

Neither FLRC membership nor FLRC Challenge participation is required, but we’re confident you’ll sign up once you hear from others how much fun the Challenge is. This photo was from last year’s big kickoff run.

We’ll meet at the Dryden Rail Trail crossing at Stevenson Road (park on the east/right side of the Cornell dirt road) at 8:30 AM to run the new 5.0-mile FH Fox course (check the course page for a Google Map pin and RunGo directions). After the usual milling, introductions, and explanation of how to time Challenge runs (make sure to download the Webscorer app and log in using your Webscorer account at home), we’ll aim to start around 8:45 AM. There will be some snacks for post-run socializing.

Please vote in the pace poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking
0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. If you haven’t yet signed up for the Challenge, please sign the FLRC 2024 Training Programs waiver. You only need to sign once for all 2024 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set—check here.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply below with meetup ideas.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride
0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb. See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

I’m planning on making this a long morning of 16-17 miles. I’m starting at Crescent Lot at Cornell at 7am. My pace will likely be 10:30-11/ miles to make sure I finish. Company is welcome.

What a group of @Challengers today! This may be our largest group run outside, with a total of 47 people who were either in the picture or started early or late but still intersected. The weather was great, the company unbeatable, and we even got to cheer @Petorius on his FLRC 100K Ultra Challenge attempt.

5 Likes