FLRC Challenge Long Loomis group run Sunday, July 3rd at 8:30 AM

It’s been a super busy week (and will continue with FL50s tomorrow) but we figured we’d want to get out for a run Sunday morning anyway, so why not do a 5.7-mile Long Loomis with friends? We’ll meet at 8:30 AM at the Hammond Hill parking lot and start running at 8:45 AM. If you still lack Long Loomis for your Challenge list, it’s a great opportunity to check it off.

Let’s be inclusive and fight climate change by carpooling. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with pickup possibilities.
  • I need a ride
  • I can give a ride

0 voters

Please register in the poll below using your flat road pace so others can see that they’ll have pace partners. Given the hilly trail course, we’ll all be running proportionally slower than the paces listed.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-and-up-minute pace

0 voters

If you aren’t signed up for the FLRC Challenge (no time to waste!) or haven’t yet signed the FLRC Training Programs waiver already in 2022, please do one or the other. We’re happy to help if you need assistance getting started with the Webscorer app on your phone.

Everyone is welcome, and I hope to see you Sunday!

I haven’t participated in one of these events yet, but I would like to start getting more involved here. I do not have a car though and so could use a ride, if anyone is willing.

@kalebsm - Where would you need a ride to/from?

Oh good point I should have included that. I can go anywhere in Ithaca to get picked up, and I would need a ride to and from Long Loomis. I live close by the Public Library and could get picked up and dropped off there.

I am close to there and can offer a ride from the library (leaving around 8) if you want!

1 Like

That would be great. Thank you. I will be on the parking side of the library at 8.

1 Like

Is the parking lot at 46 Hammond Hill Rd, Freeville, NY 13068?

(That’s the address Google gives for Hammond Hill)

1 Like

Actually, I’ll just go to the library too. If you don’t have room, I can follow you there.

@Lloyd here is the Google pin for the main Hammond Hill parking lot: Google Maps

And, if you’d like a ride I live in Forest Home and can meet you somewhere - shoot me a text or call if you see this in time! 607-592-4549

-Gabby

Thanks so much Gabrielle. I think i can find that.

I have an appointment afterwards, so I’ll drive myself. Thanks for the offer though.

The lot’s address is (roughly) 100 Hammond Hill Road, Freeville, NY 13068. Do not follow GPS directions via Harford Road—it is not passable. Instead, make sure to come via Irish Settlement Road.

Big group, great run, tasty watermelon and oranges—get ready for another partial Lick Brook & Treman FLT run next Saturday, @Challengers! Details soon, since we have some special in the works.

1 Like