FLRC Group Run at Hammond Hill Saturday 5/7 @ 8:30am - Thom B Preview!

The next Saturday FLRC group run will be this Saturday, May 7th, at Hammond Hill. This group run will serve two purposes: either knock off the FLRC Challenge Long Loomis course (5.7 miles), or preview the Thom B Trail Race (8.5 miles) coming up on May 22nd. (Or, if you’re in need of a long run, do both!)

We’ll meet at the Hammond Hill parking lot at 8:30 AM and start running at 8:45 AM. There will be post-run snacks available so please stick around after for socializing and a delicious breakfast.

RunGo directions are available for both courses and if you’re not running with someone who is 100% familiar with the trails, please use them. You can view them online and download them to the RunGo app on your smartphone or Apple Watch. Search for Long Loomis (FLRC Challenge Course) and FLRC Thom B Trail Race Loop.

Register for the Challenge!

Register for Thom B Trail Runs!

Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity; neither club membership nor registration for the FLRC Challenge is required. If you are not registered for the FLRC Challenge, you must sign the group run waiver . You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2022 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set! (Check Webscorer to verify that you signed.)

NOTE: If you haven’t been to the parking lot before, Google Maps may bring you to it from the south on Hammond Hill Road. That road isn’t passable—always approach from the northwest, coming from Irish Settlement Road.

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

1 Like

I’m planning on the 5.7 challenge course!

1 Like

I put in my road per-mile pace, because it can be hard to predict a trail pace except to say that it will probably be slower, depending on conditions. I plan to tackle the Challenge course, and I will be walking up most of the initial Y1 hill. @caroline-brockner - this is the same hill that we snowshoed up last winter.

I put in my road pace as well but trail is always way slower for me. I also plan on the 5.7 - @tonya-engst is that the one you are doing too?

I’m planning to do the Thom B race loop.

@amy-dawson - Yes, I plan on the 5.7. That is as long as I can hope to manage right now, though I am signed up for Thom B! (I’m doing OK with running these “longer” distances, but recovery is being difficult. I am tinkering with my recovery efforts)

Hi everyone,
I would like to join and run the Long Loomis course (5.7 miles). Is there anyone who could give me a ride? My phone number is 917-562-5390. Thank you so much!

1 Like

We were just talking about how to encourage and facilitate carpooling! For you and @aaron.proujansky1 and @jeanluc and anyone else who wants to participate in a carpool, let’s see if this poll helps. The idea is that if everyone can see who needs a ride, they can volunteer to give one, and then work out the details in subsequent replies.

(If nothing else, @scottpdawson and @amy-dawson will be driving through town from West Hill and may be able to help.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with meetup ideas.
  • I need a ride
  • I can give a ride

0 voters

Great, thank you so much Adam!

Thanks, Adam!

I’ll be driving from South Hill (not far from Hospicare) and happy to take anyone that needs a ride on Saturday. However be forewarned, I’m planning on running the challenge course and I am not fast…

Hello Kristina (I think I just sent you a direct message but not sure if I did it right hahaha)!

I’d love a ride if you have a spot for me. I’m at Hasbrouck Apartments (but I’d be happy to go anywhere on the Cornell campus or where it’s best for you to pick me up). I’m also planning on running the challenge course and I’m happy to go slow :smiley:

I’m planning to be there and to do the FLRC Challenge course!

Thank you to all runners who showed up today to take on Long Loomis/Thom B. You’re what makes the running community great!

1 Like