FLRC Group Run at Kennedy State Forest Saturday 7/1 @ 8:30am - Forest Frolic Preview!

The next FLRC group run will be this Saturday July 1st, at Kennedy State Forest, and will act as a preview for the Forest Frolic race (4.1 or 9 miles) coming up on July 8th. If you are feeling some trepidation about the course, this is the perfect opportunity to get a feel for it.

We’ll meet at the intersection of Hauck Hill Rd. and Bleck Rd. at 8:30 AM and start running at 8:45 AM. There will be post-run snacks available so please stick around after for socializing and a delicious breakfast.

RunGo directions are available so if you’re not running with someone who is 100% familiar with the trails, please use them. You can view them online and download them to the RunGo app on your smartphone or Apple Watch. Search for FLRC Forest Frolic 15k Course.

Register for Forest Frolic!

Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity and club membership is not required, but please sign the waiver before your first run this year. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already signed it, you’re all set! (Check Webscorer to verify that you signed.)

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

1 Like

The smoke is back, and the AQI has not been great the past few days, but the forecast for tomorrow shows an improvement. Hopefully it will continue to improve but there’s no real telling what it will be like on Saturday. And of course, everyone is welcome to do whatever they want.

So here’s the plan. On Friday night at 10 PM, I’ll make the call based on the AQI and my guess of how it will change on Saturday:

• Under 150: We’ll go ahead with the group run.
  • Over 150: I’ll cancel, and you can exercise on your own.

I’ll base the call primarily on the AirNow for Town of Virgil, which you can check as well. Either way, I’ll post in this topic on the forum, so come here to check—you won’t automatically receive email unless you visit the forum website and set this topic or the Group Runs to Watching by clicking the blue bell button to the right.

1 Like

It looks like the air quality will be improving and the weekend will be nice. Join us tomorrow morning at 8:30!

If anyone is driving from Ithaca, can I carpool with you? I live in Collegetown but I can come down to a more convenient place if needed. Thank you!