FLRC Group Run in Trumansburg, Saturday 11/11 @ 3:30pm

The next FLRC group run is this Saturday, November 11, starting in downtown Trumansburg and running an out-and-back road route, hosted by @scottpdawson and @amy-dawson. We will meet at the municipal lot on Main Street across from Trumansburg’s Gimme Coffee at 3:30pm and run at 3:45pm.

The course (view and download the GPX):

• Start the run on Elm Street and take a left on Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Left on Larchmont will take you past Scott and Amy’s house (113 Larchmont) where the door will be open if anyone needs water or a bathroom break.
  • Continue right on Tamarack.
  • Left on South.
  • Take a left on Route 96 past the parking lot.
  • Then a right after Gimme Coffee onto Union.
  • Bear left on Congress Street.
  • Depending on your pace, you may make it out to the intersection with East Bates Road.

Even though this is a “course”, this is an hour-long run, so when your watch hits 30 minutes, turn around and run back regardless of where you are. This allows everyone to start together and end together. Post-run, you can opt to socialize and enjoy dinner at nearby Garrett’s Brewing, which offers house-crafted brews, local cider, wine, and alcohol-free beverages, and a fantastic Mexican menu including vegan and gluten-free options.

Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking
  • I am unsure of my pace, but I will be there!
0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity and club membership is not required, but please sign the waiver before your first run this year. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already signed it, you’re all set! (Check Webscorer to verify that you signed.)

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). The list of the remaining 2023 group runs still needing a host can be found on Helper Helper. See you this weekend!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

1 Like

A small but mighty group enjoyed some miles with beer and tacos after.

1 Like

Sorry I had to miss this! (I was working an event at the Hangar Theatre last night). Hopefully there will be another Tburg group run!

2 Likes

I am sorry I missed this as well, but I am looking forward to attending another organized run. I was the only one expected in the 9:15-9:45 pace…anyone out there running that pace?

@Mary, thanks for asking! The pace polls are kind of a mixed bag b/c not everyone votes in them, but if they do, it’s nice to know for sure that someone will be your pace. I think that’s a totally reasonable range to find someone that’ll run with you regardless (Amy and I ran that pace this weekend). Hope to see you at another group run soon!

1 Like