FLRC Traverse Tompkins Group Run at Cass Park Sunday 9/24 @ 8:30am

The next FLRC group run is this Sunday, September 24, starting at Cass Park and running on the Waterfront Trail. We will meet at the Winter Chill start/finish at 8:30am and run at 8:45am. We will head out to the Waterfront Trail and run over to Stewart Park. (View the course and download the GPX file.) Even though this is a “course”, this is an hour-long run, so when your watch hits 30 minutes, turn around and run back regardless of where you are. This allows everyone to start together and end together. There will be post-run snacks available so please stick around after for socializing to get to know fellow runners and enjoy a delicious breakfast.

This group run is part of The History Center of Tompkins County’s 2023 Traverse Tompkins fundraiser, which encourages runners, hikers, and bikers to explore some aspect of our area’s history. This year’s focus is bridges—and Traverse Tompkins takes you to numerous bridges around the county. Be sure to count how many bridges (and how many times) you cross, and shout “BRIDGE!” as you do so.

Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking
  • I’m unsure of my pace, but I will be there!
0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity and club membership is not required, but please sign the waiver before your first run this year. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already signed it, you’re all set! (Check Webscorer to verify that you signed.)

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). The list of the remaining 2023 group runs still needing a host can be found on Helper Helper. See you this weekend!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

1 Like

The rain held off for the runners to see 6 unique bridges and cross them a total of 12 times. Thanks for bringing the banana bread @tonya-engst!

3 Likes