FLRC workouts for the week of March 1st, 2021

The FLRC Challenge is going gangbusters, with participants clocking 90 miles on the East Hill Rec Way and 144 miles on Pseudo Skunk Cabbage in the first eight days.

Until we can get a few more courses open, I’ll keep focusing workouts on those two, but you can of course run them anywhere you want.

Middle Distance Workouts (5K to 15K)

• Workout: After at least 10 minutes of warmup, run 1 mile (or 7 minutes) at T pace, jog for 400m (or 2 minutes), run 800m (or 3:30) at T pace, jog for 400m (or 2 minutes), run 400m at the faster I pace (75-90 seconds, depending on your mile pace), and then cool down with at least 10 minutes of jogging. Do it all on the measured mile on the East Hill Rec Way to pick up a few Challenge efforts and a faster mile time!

• Long Run: 25-30% of your weekly mileage at E pace

Long Distance Workouts (Half Marathon to Marathon)

• Workout: 20 minutes of M pace, followed by 5 minutes E pace, 10 minutes M pace, 5 minutes E pace, 5 minutes of faster T pace, and then at least 10 minutes of cooldown. If you have the weekly mileage to support it, you could do this in the middle of a Pseudo Skunk 13-miler.

• Long Run: 25-30% of your weekly mileage at E pace, such as the Pseudo Skunk Cabbage half-marathon course

Resources

Silly question from a first time virtual runner—how do you upload/report the run times?
Is there a specific app or something I need to use?

For the FLRC Challenge, you’ll submit your times using the Webscorer app—full instructions and a tutorial video here:

https://fingerlakesrunners.org/challenge/#timing

However, if you’re just running the workouts, there’s no need to submit anything to anyone. Although it’s always nice to hear how a workout went!