Halloween Group Run in Ithaca, Saturday 10/29 @ 8:30am

We will be having a special Halloween-themed FLRC group run this Saturday, October 29th, in Ithaca. We will meet in Stewart Park by the Waterfront Trail at 8:30am and run at 8:45am.

:ghost: Since it’s that time of year, come dressed in costumes, wearing fall colors, or just as yourself (no pressure!) and enjoy a group run to and through Lake View Cemetery. There is a set course, which can be viewed and downloaded as a .gpx file to upload to your running watch or follow along to on your phone. :black_cat: From Stewart Park, we’ll run to the Bird Sanctuary and under 13 to Ithaca High School, crossing East Shore Drive up into the cemetery. Those who are faster or looking for a longer route will continue along East Shore Drive to the Ithaca Falls, back to the cemetery, and take another loop inside. We will all retrace our steps back to Stewart Park. :jack_o_lantern:

Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity and club membership is not required, but please sign the waiver before your first run this year. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2022 group runs, so if you’ve already signed it, you’re all set! (Check Webscorer to verify that you signed.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with meetup ideas.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride

0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

2 Likes

This sounds like so much fun. My husband has a field trip and I’m not sure I can convince my oldest to get out of bed early on a Saturday to run! So unfortunately, I’m going to have to pass on another group run. But I wanted to say how fun this sounds and what a cool idea. :smiley:

I hope to do a few more themed runs before the end of the year. Hope you can join us for one of those!

1 Like

A brisk morning for a group run. We paired off and met up in the cemetery for a picture, then finished our own routes through Fall Creek before heading back to Stewart Park.

3 Likes