Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt Week 1 kicks off on Sunday, 11/22!

Family helped with the trail sign…

and GG spotted the pumpkin down in the water!

Turkey and speed limit from family 5k at Stewart today. Was nice to see some familiar faces speed past!

5 Likes

And another turkey, from yesterday’s Turkey Trot.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Sunset over the Monastery of the Holy Cross, 11th century, but the sunset was tonight’s.

2 Likes

I’m tremendously enjoying these photos, particularly those that interpret the requirement in an interesting way (@julie19 thinking that she might be able to pass off a rooster as a turkey in a pinch, @tonya-engst’s turkey vulture, @apacheck’s sunset in Sunset Park) or just giving a glimpse at an unfamiliar part of the world (Shelly’s photos from Israel). Maybe some other far-flung FLRCers like @joebaz can play too!

Looking forward to @heathercobb3’s next set of objects to find!

OK OK Shelly, stop rubbing it in, with your historic and scenic runs with foreign languages and kilometers per hour on the signs!

1 Like

My outdoor tree, a happy succulent! Ok, Truckie, maybe I need to walk down to the old city and visit the Armenian Quarter to see if I can find a more American-looking image. :blush:

2 Likes

Spotted on the traditional Turkey Run course

3 Likes

I tried hard not to break this speed limit. I’m pretty sure I succeeded.

Indestructible.

This sure puts me in the holiday spirit.

Sunrise at the Cornell horse track. What a gorgeous morning for an early run.

I hope I don’t get disqualified for this one. I will admit I had to put out some bird seed to lure this turkey in.

Our well used neighborhood footpath.

4 Likes

Outdoor decorated tree and a pumpkin 2-for-1! The trees are really pretty at night!

I am still hoping for a “real” turkey…

1 Like

I am blown away by everyone’s creativity and commentary! Thank you all for sharing your first week’s hunt. You have one more day to find any missing items; winners will be announced on Sunday.

:turkey:

Festive foliage after dark Friday
Watch out for that curve!
Friday just after sunset
Pumpkin on the bridge on Monday
Pumpkin after Steve carved it on Thanksgiving day
Blue blazes on aspens in the Roy Park Preserve Wednesday
Turkey on the trail (yeah, that one was staged)

3 Likes

Those are real turkeys!!! Speed limit sign is a little hard to see it’s behind the other road sign.

Edited to add: got my sunset photo!

3 Likes

OK, here goes - I had to get a little creative to ‘get’ them all…

(I know it’s not a holiday tree, but it is outdoors and also decorated…)

Sunrise was supposed to be at 0711hrs this morning, so here’s me bang on time with the Eastern sky behind me and a whole lot of grey clouds…

Couldn’t find a real one, so am instead taking the chance to plug the awesome Merlin app :slight_smile:

(But why is the sign doggo sitting down?)

This was so much fun! Thanks so much Heather - can’t wait to start week 2…

3 Likes

Hello from Pittsburgh! Where city and park trails overlap.

5 Likes

Got my sunset photo!

2 Likes

I have my photos. Just under the wire I took a 5 mile hike today and had some fun!

4 Likes

And my o tower two

And whoever put all this signs up at the beginning of the recway trail had way way to much coffee. #overkill

1 Like

loved your pumpkin Adam…

Thanks! This is already being so much fun. I’m jealous that @lizhartman got a picture of wild turkeys, but I laughed out loud at how @nkleinrock and @dianahackett worked around it. We have turkeys near here—Tristan saw them on his way over here this afternoon—but they’re hard to capture on virtual film.