High Noon men's roster for PGXC #1 on 9/17/2023

Good day, @pgxc-high-noon. Our first race of the season is coming up this Sunday, September 17, in Bassett Park in Williamsville, which is this side of Buffalo. Carpool plans have been posted separately, and you’re all invited to the pre-season dinner Friday evening.

Here’s what we have so far. We will likely have to do some combining of teams, so the more people you can recruit, the better! Make sure they sign up in RunSignup and on the High Noon roster sheet.

U19 (3 to score, 5 to run—on the FLRC roster )

• Banyan Love
  • Ben Lambert

We need one more for a team, and we often win this category, so it would be great to fill it out. @maplejh, is Rahmon running? Anyone else have a kid who needs some exercise? There’s chocolate for the winning team!

Open (5 to score, 9 can run)

• Jason Jenks
  • Joesene Soto
  • Kushal Reddy
  • Mik Kern
  • Patrick Boyle
  • Seth Bywater

And I hear from Seth that his roommate Lewis still plans to sign up, so this is a solid team.

Masters (5 to score, 9 can run)

• Dave Kania
  • Tristan Lambert

We would need three more to complete a team here. Jay, Adam, Jordan, Mike? If we can’t fill out a team, I’ll probably run Masters down to Open to strengthen that team further.

Vets (5 to score, 9 can run)

• Bill Thilbault
  • Bob Swizdor
  • Jean-Luc Jannink
  • Jesse Koennecke

We need just one more here for a team, and unfortunately, I can’t even walk the course this year and Alex is also hurt. Joey, Sean, Steve Vanek, Joe Nolan?

Super Vets (3 to score, 5 can run)

• Bob Walters
  • John Whitman

If we can get one more Super Vet, we’ll have a team. Alan, Bert, Bob Talda? If we can’t fill it, I’ll run them down to Vets.

Ultra Vets (3 to score, 5 can run)

• Charlie Fay
  • Carl Franck
  • Joel Leff

There’s a team!

Adam….sorry I am out this week

No worries, Joey—hope to have you on the team later in the year.

sorry - I’m recovering from a core/back injury - maybe I will be able to jog a course later in the season, but one mile is my upper limit at the moment…

Rahmon is on the fence he has a soccer game the next day! I think he will be available for all of the other races though!

Adam,

Sorry, I’m not going to make it this weekend. I’ve been traveling up a storm recently and need a quiet weekend. I’m healthy…but slowish and a bit out of racing shape. I’ll try to work on my fitness!

Good luck and thanks for being the driving force.

Sean

~WRD0000.jpg

Boo—sorry to hear it.

25 minutes of running at his age will just mean he sleeps better before the soccer game tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Glad you’re healthy! I just wish Alex and I were to help fill out our classic Vets team. Hope to see you out at future races.

Hey Adam, Charlie, Carl. See you in Buffalo. JBW

1 Like

Thanks Tonya (cc: Charlie and Adam) for all this organizing! I just spoke to Jorge and he decided unfortunately that he wouldn’t be coming to tomorrow’s race. But he sure looks forward to racing with us later in the season. See you all tomorrow in B-lot, Sincerely, Carl

The upshot of no Jorge is that we won’t have a Super Vets team, but we will be able to run Bob and JBW down for a Vets team. So, six of one…

You’re brilliant Adam!!! So glad John and Bob are on a team, Carl