Howl At The Moon Group Run on the BDT, Tuesday 12/26 @ 5:45pm

A special evening FLRC group run will take place during the last full moon of 2023, on Tuesday, December 26, in Ithaca on the Black Diamond Trail or the Cass Park Waterfront Trail, footing dependent. @gary will meet you in the parking lot of the Children’s Garden on Turtle Lane at 5:45pm and you’ll run at 6:00pm. Since you’ll be “howling at the moon”, bring a headlamp (or make friends at the run with someone who did), but hopefully the moon will light your way.

This is an hour-long run, so when your watch hits 30 minutes, turn around and run back regardless of where you are. This allows everyone to start together and end together. Hot Cider, cookies, and camaraderie will be provided post-run, so please stick around after for socializing to get to know fellow runners.

Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking
  • I am unsure of my pace, but I will be there!
0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity and club membership is not required, but please sign the waiver before your first run this year. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already signed it, you’re all set! (Check Webscorer to verify that you signed.)

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com).

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

1 Like