@I Run with Maud

Hello Fellow Runners,
I would like to invite you to join me in a memorial run for Ahmaud Arbery a week Thursday, Feb. 23rd. The last two years I’ve done a run on my own this date to commemorate the racist murder of runner Ahmaud Arbery on Feb. 23, 2020 in Georgia. I thought that I would make a last minute effort to get others to join me this year. So if you’re inspired, let me know what time of day you might be available. I’ll coordinate the responses and those available can decide on a location and length of run. We’ll accommodate all ages and abilities. Just respond to this email or give me a call at 277-7426.
In Peace,
Tom Joyce

6 Likes

IMG_2992.JPG

1 Like

Hi Tom, I’m interested! Any time before 9am or after 5pm works best for me, but I can be flexible.

3 Likes

This is a virtual race I am signing up for if anyone is interested

2 Likes

Good morning Ronke,
Great to hear of your interest in the run. I’ll be in touch as soon as I get enough responses to settle on a time of day. It does seem like after work hours may be best for most people. Will let you know!
Tom

I’m interested. Any time of day, as I may be able to take some time off from work for this.
Thanks, Tom.
Gretchen

1 Like

Gretchen,
That’s great. I’m hoping to coordinate a time and place for the run in the next few days. Will let you know as soon as it’s set.
Tom

Hey Ronke,

I’m not clear how this forum email works, whether this is going just to you or to the whole list. No matter, I want to get the word out either way.

So, it’s looking like after work hours is best for the six of us that have responded to the Thursday @I Run With Maud invite. So I’m going to suggest running the Peter DeMott Peace Trot 5K course @ Cass Park/Tremain Marina; meeting @ 5pm, run at 5:15 or so. The weather looks decent for Thursday, high of 45. Everyone let me know if you think that will work for you. Then I can put it out to the Runners Club listserv and others. We would meet at the pavilion at the children’s garden @ Cass. I was also thinking to do a short sharing out as to why we’re inspired to do the @I Run With Maud, maybe after we run. We’ll have to be aware of the daylight, although much of that course is under the lights.

Tom

So, @tootoughtom, you’re looking at Thursday, 2/23 at 5 PM at the Children’s Garden at Cass Park? I don’t think I’ll be able to make it, unfortunately, but I can mention it in my Sunday Skunkday post too.

(And yes, this is part of your public thread—click the Visit Topic button at the bottom of an email notification to see the original on the Web.)

1 Like

Yes specifically the pavilion as it’s a good spot to meet. This Thursday, 5pm.

2 Likes

I’m planning to come to the “I Run with Maud” on Thursday, 2/23 at 5 PM at the Children’s Garden at Cass Park. Tom, thank you for organizing us! Hey — @gumbywhale @lizhartman @KimJ @caroline-brockner @rebeccamlambert @amalia @twalsky @caitlin-loehr @Jamie @Katie_Gannon @kuwanna-dyerpietras @Banyan_Tree @cfranck @casey @Jamie_Love @board — and anyone else… come meet me there and run!

2 Likes

Hello Tom
I will be there at children’s garden
5:00

Regards

Augusto

3 Likes

Great Augusto,
See you then, chance of rain, but predicted to be the warmest time of the day.
Tom

See you all at 5pm at Cass Park near the Children’s Garden. Thank you for putting this together, Tom.

Hello Tom
I had to stay longer than what a specter in my job.
I won’t be Ake to make it.

Thank you for organizing the event,
I hope you see this massage before you start,

Do not wait for me.

Have a fun run

Augusto

1 Like

I’ve been feeling under the weather this week so I’m unfortunately going to skip tonight’s run. I hope it is a good meet up

1 Like

Tonight’s group at Cass Park.

3 Likes

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Blueberry Patch Star Posts

A post was merged into an existing topic: Blueberry Patch Star Posts