Sunday Skunkday group run on Sunday, 2/26 at 8:30 AM at Barton Hall

We’re looking forward to seeing a big crew at Barton Hall again this Sunday, but before then, note that FLRC member Tom Joyce is organizing an #IRunWithMaud group run this Thursday at 5 PM at the Children’s Garden pavilion at Cass Park. The run will commemorate the murder of runner Ahmaud Arbery on February 23rd, 2020.

On Sunday, we’ll meet as usual inside the front doors of Barton Hall (facing Teagle Hall, where the Skunk 10K starts) at 8:30 AM. At 8:45 AM, we’ll split up into rough pace and distance groups and run the Skunk course, more or less. You can go as long or short as you want, and it’s fine to deviate from the course for different loops and distances. Here are some possibilities:

Please register in the pace and distance polls below so others can see they’ll have company. Click the icons under each answer to see who has voted.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-up-minute pace
  • Hiking pace

0 voters

• ~4 miles
  • ~6 miles
  • ~8 miles
  • ~10 miles
  • ~13 miles

0 voters

As always, everyone is welcome, even if you’re not an FLRC member or planning to participate in this year’s Skunkadelic-themed Skunk Cabbage Classic. (But if you don’t run, I’m going hit you up to volunteer.) Everyone must sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver once for 2023.

Unless there’s a big Cornell event, there’s usually plenty of free (on Sunday) parking in the Crescent Lot east of Schoellkopf Stadium or in Cornell’s parking garage.

Any questions, just ask!

I think it will be too icy to run the path, is that right?

The East Hill Rec Way? Hard to say for sure—the Town of Ithaca does maintain it, so they might have salted it. Plus, for most of it, you can run on the side if the pavement is too slippery. My guess is that it would be OK, but if not, you could always retrace your steps and come back on the roads.

Nice to see everyone this morning for a somewhat smaller group due to Cornell break!

@tonya-engst tells me that @trailelizard reported a light blue SUV that was acting in a harassing manner a couple of times. Did anyone else notice this car, and, ideally, get a license plate number? I will be more than happy to report them to the police, and even if nothing happens from one report, any subsequent problems will have that history in place.

@gvanloon, @lizhartman, @jdflrc, @caitlin-loehr, @joe-nolan, @Brenda_Kirk, @heathercobb3, @andreakiely, @wbegeal

2 Likes

Ugh - sorry to hear that. I didn’t see that car.

That’s so unfortunate. I spent most of miles on the East Hill Rec Way so I hardly saw any cars. I’m sorry that happened @trailelizard. @dianahackett did you see anything on your loop?

That sounds horrid - sorry that happened to you @trailelizard. I didn’t see anything on my loop so can’t be any help unfortunately.