MITHACAL MILERS track workout Tuesday, 11/14 at 7:00 PM in Barton Hall

Sorry about the starting time conflict last week, folks! The Cornell track team started (and was thus finishing) a bit later than usual, and we were gathering a bit earlier than in past years, and neither of us realized until we were there. Everything worked out more or less on schedule since the track team decamped pretty quickly between 6:45 and 7:00 PM, but this week, please aim to arrive at 7:00 PM with warmups starting around 7:10 PM. Kate McCormick will be doing a running game workout for kids, and if you’re up for helping her or being available if she can’t make it, please talk to me.

For those who haven’t joined before, we run in Barton Hall. You can park in many spots on campus, but the parking garage is convenient.

MITHACAL MILERS workouts will be targeted at helping you train for the mile race, but because the mile is such a great distance, the workouts can easily be adjusted to help with races from the 800m to the 5K.

To meet new Cornell requirements, everyone must SIGN THE NEW FLRC TRAINING PROGRAMS WAIVER once for the next year! Parents must sign for children, and all kids must be accompanied by an adult. These waivers are not optional; I have to give Cornell copies for liability reasons, and I will be checking in at the workouts.

Sign the FLRC Training Programs Waiver

After our lunge matrix, leg swings, and 10 minutes of warmup jogging, we’re going to expand on last week’s transitional workout and do 8 progressive 400m reps (two laps). The first lap should be at roughly 5K pace, and the second at roughly mile race pace. You should feel a real pickup in speed as you move from the first lap to the second. (And this time, I plan to be at the line to rein in the more excitable people who want to run all out for both laps.) Recovery should be 400m of easy jogging in the reverse direction at a conversational pace. Those with low weekly mileage or who are recovering from Sunday’s PGXC reduce the number of reps or the pace.

Any questions? See you Tuesday!

Resources

1 Like

Sorry I missed the start of these! If it’s happening next week and @kcmccormick8 will be there, so will Blair and Ethan and I!

Excellent! They were missed this week- can’t wait to see them in Barton :slight_smile:

1 Like