This is our last indoor workout for 2023 because Barton Hall is closing for finals and then the holiday break. I’ll post outdoor workouts for the next few weeks, and then we’ll reconvene indoors on January 2. A few quick reminders:
- Please complete the FLRC board election and runner survey
- The free Winter Chill 5Ks are on January 7, 14, 20, and 27 this year
- I hope to see everyone over 40 running the Hartshorne Masters Mile on January 13
- We have indoor track meets on January 21, February 18, and March 10—registration will open soon for those
To make the most of our last chance at the track for a few weeks, this week’s workout will be a ladder of 200-400-600-800-600-400-200. We’ll be playing with paces in this workout, so the 200s and the 400s will be at your R pace, whereas the 600s and the 800 will be at the slower I pace. The rest will be 400m after each rep. The repetitions total 2 miles of speed, so if you aren’t running at least 25 miles per week overall, you can drop the 800.
As a reminder, you can look up your target times for each of these reps on the Jack Daniels’ VDOT Running Calculator. Select the 1 Mile distance, enter your time trial time, in minutes and seconds, click Calculate, and switch to the Training tab below.
Kate McCormick will again be leading kids 5–11 in running games until 8 PM, and Alex Kleinerman has volunteered to wrangle the younger kids.
- Administration: You must be an FLRC member and sign a new waiver!
- Location: All workouts take place at Barton Hall on the Cornell campus
- Parking: Anywhere on campus is fine, but the parking garage is convenient.
- Warmup: Jay Johnson’s Lunge Matrix and Leg Swings, then 10 minutes of jogging
- Cooldown: 10 minutes of jogging, then Jay Johnson’s Strength and Mobility
- Pace Calculator: Jack Daniels’ VDOT Running Calculator