We’re in the middle of the mile season, so we’ll continue to work on strength with some longer I-pace reps and a little R-pace speed thrown in to keep things fresh.
This week’s workout will be a ladder of 200-400-600-800-800-600-400-200, which is 2.5 miles of speed. If your weekly mileage isn’t at least 25 miles per week, drop one of the 800s, and middle-schoolers can drop both of them. Pace depends on the rep:
- 200s and 400s at R pace
- 600s and 800s at I pace
There will be a 400m recovery jog after each rep except the 200m reps, which only need 200m of recovery.
BTW, a few of our regulars still need to sign the 2024 FLRC Training Programs waiver .
- Administration: You must be an FLRC member and sign the 2024 waiver!
- Location: All workouts take place at Barton Hall on the Cornell campus
- Parking: Anywhere on campus is fine, but the parking garage is convenient.
- Warmup: Jay Johnson’s Lunge Matrix and Leg Swings, then 10 minutes of jogging
- Cooldown: 10 minutes of jogging, then Jay Johnson’s Strength and Mobility
- Pace Calculator: Jack Daniels’ VDOT Running Calculator