MITHACAL MILERS workout for Tuesday, 12/20, on your own or with a friend

Here’s your second “can’t get on the track” workout to do on your own or with a friend. Again, find a flat surface with good footing for this workout—you don’t want to be at R pace on slippery ground.

This is a 200-200-800 track workout at its heart, but to modify it for the roads, run for 40-60 seconds at I pace, followed by 1 minute of jogging, another 40-60 seconds at I pace, followed by 1 minute of jogging, followed by 2:45-4:00 minutes at I pace, followed by 4 minutes of jogging. The ranges are for you to pick your 200m and 800m times from the Jack Daniels calculator. Try for 3-4 sets of that 200-200-800 combination but if you feel your form falling apart toward the end, cut it short.

Remember to warm up well with at least 10 minutes of jogging, and cool down with another 10 minutes easy. Bonus points for doing the warmup lunge matrix and leg swings, plus the strength and mobility exercises afterward.

Since we can’t be together as a group, if you have a few minutes, report back on where you did this workout and how it went!

And if anyone wants to organize a particular pace-group workout time/place, feel free to post here too.

We’ll be back in Barton on December 27th for a new variant on the Ridiculous Relay! With colorful batons! Chaos! Hilarity! Speedwork!

Resources

1 Like

I’ve done this week’s MITHACAL MILERS workout on the countryside roads behind Cameri, my village here in the north of Italy. You can see the village in the background of this photo:

My mom asked me to bring a few clothes that needed fixing to the local seamstress, so I ran there and made that my warmup (maybe I should consider “running delivery” as a side gig :rofl:). Then I continued with 4 sets of the 200-200-800 combination. I ran in the direction of a 16th century villa (Villa Picchetta) that is now the headquarters of our local park, located alongside the Ticino river.

There is a water fountain right next to the entrance… very convenient for us runners!

I struggled a bit to keep up the pace for the 800 meters, but I was distracted by the beautiful view of the Alps.

3 Likes