MITHACAL MILERS XC workout 10/26 at 6 PM at the Cornell Botanic Gardens

There’s a 100% chance of heavy rain in the forecast for tomorrow, and as much as I’m not a stats guy, I think it’s a pretty good bet that we’ll get soaked at 6 PM. No worries if running in a downpour isn’t your cup of tea, but I’ll plan to be there for anyone who does want to slosh.

In an attempt to keep things simple (and warm), we’re going to do pickups on the little 400m loop down by Forest Home Drive. After warming up, we’ll run a tempo (T) pace for one loop, then at easy (E, not jogging) pace for half a loop. Then another full loop and another half loop. The varying distances and paces should provide lots of interaction between people, assuming anyone shows up. :slight_smile: We’re aiming for 8 fast reps, so this is basically 8 by 400m with 200m cruise rests. Probably less hanging out before and after than normal.

PS: We meet at the parking area in the bowl of the F. R. Newman Arboretum at the Cornell Botanic Gardens. The workouts are free and open to all FLRC members, but everyone must sign an online waiver once for 2021. It’s the same as for the FLRC group runs, so if you’ve signed that one this year, no need to do so again. If you aren’t fully vaccinated, please wear a mask whenever you aren’t running. And get vaccinated!

Resources

1 Like

Hmmm should I go???

No, stay home. I’m canceling the workout because the roads are crazy flooded, and there’s no reason to be on them now.

@adamengst I admired your dedication after reading yesterday’s post that you’d be at CBG despite the forecast. Now that the workout is cancelled I salute your smarts! :+1:

I was thinking it was just going to be rainy, and what’s a little rain among friends?

But after having had to go downtown to pick up the car at Maguire and having to try multiple routes to get home due to roads being flooded, I realized this wasn’t just rain.