MITHACAL MILERS XC workout 9/28 at 6 PM at the Cornell Botanic Gardens

After Sunday’s PGXC race, we’re going to go a little slower and longer for our repeats—the next three races are 6K, 6K, and 8K. We’ll do an 800-meter loop around the ponds and the sculpture garden, going more like 10K pace than 5K pace. Slower runners could also shorten the loop to keep the time the same. At least four repeats total, with at least 3 minutes of jogging in between reps. For those who might be a little late, here’s where we’ll be.

PS: We meet at the parking area in the bowl of the F. R. Newman Arboretum at the Cornell Botanic Gardens . The workouts are free and open to all FLRC members, but everyone must sign an online waiver once for 2021. It’s the same as for the FLRC group runs, so if you’ve signed that one this year, no need to do so again. If you aren’t fully vaccinated, please wear a mask whenever you aren’t running. And get vaccinated!

Resources

How do people usually get to the pond and back to campus? I am trying to join from campus near collegetown and to get back afterwards. The 10 Bus comes at 5:08 and will get within walking distance to the pond. Getting back is more challenging as the 10 doesn’t run then. Any thoughts on best buses to take back?

Glad you’re thinking about joining us!

Most people either drive or run over from campus—I’d guess that it’s about 1.5 miles from campus. It’s entirely likely that someone who would drive over, like @amalia or @skc65, could give you a ride back if you’re fully vaccinated and wore a mask in the car. (If all else fails, I can give you a ride back, though my schedule is tight this week.)

Thanks Adam. I went running from my building yesterday to test out the distance and it is about 2 miles. Depending on the workout that will be doable most days and if there are others who are running that direction too, that would be worth it. I am vaccinated and would also appreciate a ride if that does become an option.

Sounds good—if your weekly mileage supports it, you might just run over as part of your warmup and then we can see about getting you a ride back.

I will joining the group tomorrow for accountability, but will not be running hard. Supposed to be tapering. :upside_down_face:

1 Like