MITHACAL MILERS XC workout on Tuesday, 9/20 at 6 PM at the Cornell Botanic Gardens

I don’t want to jinx anything, but we might have a dry Tuesday night, so we can finally hit the grass! For this week’s workout, we’ll park at the usual spot in the bowl, and warm up by running back toward campus to the Caldwell Road entrance to the Arboretum. Then we’ll be doing repeats on the 1K grassy loop that High Noon calls the Diaper Loop (if you’re late, join us at that entrance). It takes 5-8 minutes to complete and has a steep hill in the middle, so we’ll be running the first half up to the oak tree at roughly 5K race pace effort, working the steep hill hard, and then jogging back to the start at an easy pace. The number of reps will depend on your mileage, but assume 3 to 6.

Our second PGXC race is coming up on Sunday, 9/25, so if you’d like to join in the fun and camaraderie of being on a team, sign up soon!

The workouts are free and open to all FLRC members, but everyone must sign an online waiver once for 2022. It’s the same as for the FLRC group runs, so if you’ve signed that one this year, no need to do so again—check Webscorer to see if you already signed.)

Any questions? Hope to see you on Tuesday night!

Hi Adam! What are the chances that you will make a last minute decision to run on the road instead? The repeat downhills on the pavement are hard on my knees. I don’t want to drive all the way out there tomorrow and find out we are doing road loops. I’d rather do my own workout on a softer surface if that’s the case.

Everything I read in the forecasts says it will be sunny, so I promise that the workout won’t change and you’ll be able to jog the recovery downhills on the grass on the side of the road. No skin off my knees—it’s not like I can run it anyway! :wink:

1 Like