Sunday Skunkday group run on 2/25 at 8:30 AM at Barton Hall

On Sunday, we’ll meet inside the front doors of Barton Hall (facing Teagle Hall, where Skunk starts) at 8:30 AM. At 8:45 AM, we’ll split up into rough pace and distance groups, take a group picture, and then run the Skunk course, more or less. Please look at the course maps below—almost everyone last week assumed someone else would know the course. :roll_eyes:

Everyone is welcome, even if you’re not an FLRC member or planning to run Skunk. Regardless, you must sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver once for 2024.

Although the Barton bathrooms will be open, I can’t guarantee that you can leave stuff inside the building during the run — I might have to re-lock the doors after we head out.

Please register in the pace and distance polls below so others can see they’ll have company. Click the icons under each answer to see who has voted.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-up-minute pace
  • Hiking pace
0 voters
  • ~4 miles
  • ~6 miles
  • ~8 miles
  • ~10 miles
  • ~13 miles
0 voters

Unless there’s a big Cornell event, there’s usually plenty of free (on Sunday) parking in the Crescent Lot east of Schoellkopf Stadium or in Cornell’s parking garage.

Any questions, just ask. See you Sunday!

I’ve also created the courses for both routes on Strava and made available for GPX / TCX download if people want to put it on a watch!

Skunk Cabbage Half Route

Skunk Cabbage 10K Route

3 Likes

My lungs are still recovering from a bout of COVID in January, so I will be doing a 4+ mile loop course that takes in the first 2 miles of the new Skunk Course (so going east on the Rec Way) and then loops back via farm roads and Tower Road. I’m happy to have company and will probably walk up the hill on Game Farm because of the post-COVID thing. I’d love company for any or all of this. My pace will be 10-11 minutes.

Hola mi nombres es Yamil Molina, espero poder compartir esas experiencias, corro por la tranquilidad paz que me otorga el ejercicio. hablo español, ingles muy mal, talvez algun miembro me ayuda a integrarme o dirigirme jejejeje, espero su apoyo, gracias y felices kilometros/millas, me ayudo del traductor de google para comunicarme.

Hello, my name is Yamil Molina, I hope to be able to share those experiences, I run for the tranquility peace that exercise gives me. I speak Spanish, English very badly, maybe a member will help me integrate or direct me hehehehe, I hope for your support, thank you and happy kilometers/miles I use Google Translate to communicate

1 Like

@Joesene_Soto @Caty @Eugenia_Avellaneda up for a Sunday Skunkday run and helping a fellow runner navigate some language barriers?

Greate
Actually, I need help too
I have problem whit my english too
I don’t understand it so well
and I have wanted to join with you for training but I have not had
courage for that
maybe we can support each other
I would love to share whit you on sunday
Please let me know what I need to go
Thanks

1 Like

Sure, I will be able to join and help with translations. :grinning:

1 Like

Hola Andres
Yo re puedo ayudar en lo que se pueda,
Yo no soy un corredor rápido soy lento, pero podemos hablar y te traduzco lo que se pueda con respecto a rutas o algo que quieras saber que no entiendas.

Yo estoy corriendo con los de 11-12 minutos por milla, pero lo que se diga antes de salir a correr to puedo ayudar.

Saludos

Augusto

I can rung walk with you if you don’t have any company, we can talk tomorrow and see

Augusto

Thank you for organizing the run. Was my first ever group run and I was excited to meet new people and have a company that kept my focus away from feelings of being tired.

1 Like

Glad you could join us, @AlexCh, and we hope you can fit more runs into your schedule!

This was a huge group with our largest Sunday Skunkday turnout ever at 40 people. It was such fun to see so many runners happily chatting away beforehand. I hope everyone enjoyed the sunny—if chilly—weather. See you next week!

4 Likes