Sunday Skunkday group run on March 24 at 8:30 AM at Barton Hall

It might be a little chilly this Sunday, but there are only a few weeks left to get some long runs in before Skunk on April 7. We have 732 people signed up as of today, so we’re getting back into pre-pandemic numbers, which is great. If you haven’t yet done so, sign up soon, and if you’re not running, please volunteer—we need lots of help!

As usual, we’ll meet inside the front doors of Barton Hall (facing Teagle Hall, where Skunk starts) at 8:30 AM. At 8:45 AM, we’ll do some introductions, split up into pace groups, take a group picture, and then run the Skunk course, more or less. Feel free to choose an alternative loop, too.

Everyone is welcome, even if you’re not an FLRC member or planning to run Skunk. Regardless, you must sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver once for 2024.

Although the Barton bathrooms will be open, I can’t guarantee that you can leave stuff inside the building during the run — I might have to re-lock the doors after we head out.

Please register in the pace and distance polls below so others can see they’ll have company. Click the icons under each answer to see who has voted.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-up-minute pace
  • Hiking pace
0 voters
  • ~4 miles
  • ~6 miles
  • ~8 miles
  • ~10 miles
  • ~13 miles
0 voters

Unless there’s a big Cornell event, there’s usually plenty of free (on Sunday) parking in the Crescent Lot east of Schoellkopf Stadium or in Cornell’s parking garage.

Any questions, just ask. See you Sunday!

Phew! I was worried no one was going to show up, given the cold, snowy weather. But 23 hardy souls braved what I’m sure will be the final gasp of winter. Hope you all had a good run and enjoyed the company!

1 Like