Sunday Skunkday group run on Sunday, 3/12 at 8:30 AM at Barton Hall

This Sunday, you once again have two choices for FLRC events: our indoor track meet or the weekly Sunday Skunkday run. (You could even do both if you wanted to warm up with the Sunday Skunkday run and then come back to race the mile—just make sure to register for the track meet ahead of time since there’s no day-of-meet registration.)

If you’re looking for a low-key Sunday Skunkday run, please vote in the pace and distance polls because it helps others — particularly those who are new and don’t know anyone — feel more comfortable that they’ll have company.

Like last month, I may be busy with final preparations for the track meet, the first race of which starts at 9 AM. So meet as usual inside the front doors of Barton Hall (facing Teagle Hall, where the Skunk 10K starts) at 8:30 AM. I’ll try to come over to say hello, but if I’m overwhelmed, you all know how to introduce yourselves and break up into pace groups.

You can go as long or short as you want, and it’s fine to deviate from the course for different loops and distances. Here are some possibilities:

Please register in the pace and distance polls below so others can see they’ll have company. Click the icons under each answer to see who has voted.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-up-minute pace
  • Hiking pace

0 voters

• ~4 miles
  • ~6 miles
  • ~8 miles
  • ~10 miles
  • ~13 miles

0 voters

As always, everyone is welcome, even if you’re not an FLRC member or planning to participate in this year’s Skunkadelic-themed Skunk Cabbage Classic. (But if you don’t run, please sign up to volunteer!) Everyone must sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver once for 2023.

Unless there’s a big Cornell event, there’s usually plenty of free (on Sunday) parking in the Crescent Lot east of Schoellkopf Stadium or in Cornell’s parking garage.

Any questions, just ask!

I plan to bring a couple friends to join the run this Sunday 3/12.

2 Likes

I am one of them. Just registered

2 Likes

I am planning on 3k and maybe mile for some speed/heart rate tomorrow, but if anyone can’t start the normal skunk run time or wish to do track too, I am down to do the full course later. Just let me know.

Apologies for not coming over to say hi this morning—I looked over at 8:30 and didn’t see anyone and then got busy with other stuff at the track meet and forgot to check again.

I hope everyone, and especially our new folks @lifei2023 and @Zruier, had a good time.

@caitlin-loehr, did you notice about how many people came?

Thanks to @Jamie for the photo!

@adamengst yes I did have good time yesterday with the group and my friends from Corning.

2 Likes