Sunday Skunkday group runs are back for 2024, starting Sunday, Feb 18 at 8:30 AM at Barton Hall

We’re counting down the weeks until the Skunk Cabbage Classic 10K and Half Marathon on April 7, and now is the perfect time to prepare by signing up for Skunk and increasing your long runs. We’re here to help by bringing back FLRC’s Sunday Skunkday group runs. Check back here in the Group Runs category for details of each week’s run.

On Sundays from now until Skunk, we’ll meet inside the front doors of Barton Hall (facing Teagle Hall, where Skunk starts) at 8:30 AM. Barton and its bathrooms should be available; if not, we’ll meet right outside. This Sunday, I’m directing an FLRC track meet at Barton Hall starting at 9 AM, so I’ll come over to help with introductions and pace groups before the meet.

Everyone is welcome, even if you’re not an FLRC member or planning to run Skunk. Regardless, you must sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver once for 2024.

At 8:45 AM, we’ll split up into rough pace and distance groups and run the new Skunk course. You can go as long or short as you want, and deviating for different loops and distances is fine. For this first time, I recommend sticking with the course and turning around when you hit your desired distance.

Please register in the pace and distance polls below so others can see they’ll have company. Click the icons under each answer to see who has voted.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-up-minute pace
  • Hiking pace
0 voters
  • ~4 miles
  • ~6 miles
  • ~8 miles
  • ~10 miles
  • ~13 miles
0 voters

Unless there’s a big Cornell event, there’s usually plenty of free (on Sunday) parking in the Crescent Lot east of Schoellkopf Stadium or in Cornell’s parking garage.

Any questions, just ask. See you Sunday!

A small but hardy group braved the chilly temperatures, and a few others joined after we took the picture.

D7A67C0E-45B2-44E6-8CD5-5E424FC39ADD_4_5005_c