Sweet 1600 Star Posts

Use this topic for posts to collect community stars for the Sweet 1600 “course.”

Here’s how it works.

• Click the “Post Using This Template” button below to create a new post with a Story heading and boilerplate text.
  • Replace the boilerplate text with your report for one or both sections. The header is key for distinguishing between posts and replies—don’t change it.
  • Your post must be on the same calendar day as your run as entered in Webscorer.

Story

To pick up a community star, replace this text with a write-up of what your run was like, a photo you took on the run, a link to your Strava track, or something similar. Don’t delete the Story heading above.

Story

I’m starting the 2024 Challenge on the “same” course (different location) as I ended the previous challenge.

I’m spending the day in Tioga spectating at my kid’s final club volleyball tournament … so much sitting. Before their first match of the day, I got in one walking warmup mile and two running miles.

I’m slowly building up mileage after completing a walk:run return to run progression after a 9 month running hiatus due to injury.

It has been tough not having running as an outlet and letting my fitness go. But I am glad to be back!!

3 Likes

Story

I picked Cornell for today’s 1600 because it’s conveniently located close to the FH Fox course, and thankfully it was open. Some of the team’s hurdles were set up and I briefly considered a Sweet 1600 steeple, but the likelihood was too great of ending today’s effort with 40 miles and an ER trip.

2 Likes

Story

Stopped at the Lansing track on my way home from racing this weekend.

3 Likes

Story

I don’t run on a track often, and honestly, I kind of hate it. So, I figured I’d knock out the sweet 1600 early to get it out of the way and headed over to the Tburg track after work.

I was able to cover the distance in 7:20. Which may not seem blistering fast to some, but it’s the fastest mile I’ve ran since getting out of the army over a decade ago. So I have to say I’m pretty happy with that time.

I felt pretty good after the first mile and decided to go ahead and do another 4 laps at an 8:30ish pace.

Anyway, time to head home for dinner

1 Like

Story

Bad Karma vs. Sweet 1600
Having detoured to FH Fox, Jamaican Cuisine, and Duck Trails first, I finished my second Hoctathon loop of the day and intended to head straight home. But… the math said I was only a mile short of a cumulative marathon for the day. Did I really want to run a Sweet 1600, in the rain no less? Would I be cursed if I ended the day that close to a suitable stopping distance?

Well, this Dew’s for you, Dryden Lions!

I sprinted the final stretch into the wind and rain to just break 13 minutes – which I think is slower than the world record for a track 5K. But, it is over and I will sleep in peace tonight!

2 Likes

Story

Back in Berkeley where I started grad school last millenium and where I met my wife. Did a brief jogging tour of campus and then ended at the track. I only ran the 1600 easy because the Seneca7 race is still in my legs. I have to say, the yellow track is a little nauseating. Campus is still beautiful though.

2 Likes

So far, @Tristan_Lambert has the most-distant (measuring from Stewart Park) Sweet 1600 at 2407 miles. Who’s going to try to compete with that?

Story

After my FH Fox run on Thursday, I totaled up my mileage for the week and grounded myself for the next few days. :grimacing: With coming back from injury, I must be careful (this me reminding myself).

I volunteered at the Tburg school today, and after I finished, I completed a couple of walking miles on the track.

Cover the ground!

1 Like

Story

Hello from Edinburgh! :scotland: Lots of running clubs here but still looking for one as fun as FLRC.

While on a lunch run near my office Friday I noticed a grass track in a nearby park. No, not an easy cross-country course, but a track that is literally spray-painted on the grass. With regular lanes, sprint lanes, staggered starts, lane numbers and all. According to my Garmin it is about 200m:

Although it looks like a track the ground is not really that even underneath it, and the rest of the park users were not treating it like a track. There was a soccer game taking place across part of the backstretch (yes across, it was the middle of the field) so I had to use 3/4 of the track and turn around every lap. But could be fun at a less busy time!