Backstretch Bingo Day 1: Cross Train

Cross Train: Do a cross-training workout (cycling, hiking, elliptical, skiing, yoga, strength, etc), and tell us how it went.

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

4 Likes

This morning I did a Runners Love Yoga flow for IT band and core. Much planking!

5 Likes

After my run, I did a 20-minute yoga for runners practice with Adriene: Yoga For Runners - Physical & Mental Stamina | Yoga With Adriene - YouTube

It’s pretty simple but I’m bad at yoga (mostly because I usually burst out laughing in the middle of the various poses :rofl:), so this was the right level for me.

2 Likes

Nice hike at Mulholland Wild Flower Preserve this AM:

3 Likes

After work: 45min indoor cycling class + 30min core class at FLX Fitclub with excellent instructors

1 Like

Last night after work, I did FLX FitClub’s GRIT (strength version), which is a high intensity interval training class. There were about 10 of us in the class with Emily M. as our inspirational trainer/coach. We practiced intervals of various exercises with a weighted bar, burpees, lunges with weighted pendulum swings, running in place. And the rest is a blur!

1 Like

belated post - but swam in the evening (an unusual time). No phones at the pool so no pictures :frowning:

1 Like

Just to clarify for everyone—there’s no requirement that you do a particular bingo challenge on the day it’s posted. Sometimes that will work and sometimes not. Just get it done sometime before the 25th and you can cross it off your card.

As someone who’s injured and not really running, this was perhaps my best chance, so I rode my recumbent on the trainer for 33:33 (Strava had to round up). Happenstance on the time, but amusing nonetheless.

2 Likes

Worked out on the elliptical while watching The Gray Man movie!

2 Likes

Was crushed by happy hour Bodypump class at FLX Fit Club tonight. :hot_face:

3 Likes

Hello from the Sandia mountains! Sam and I went for an easy hike earlier this week and spotted some cool ice leaf formations!

3 Likes

I am participating in a winter challenge with ‘my’ yoga group. 25 sun salutations per day for 20 days. We’ll have 500 completed by the winter solstice!

2 Likes

I’m catching up on my posts. On Dec. 2 I did a “7 Minute Abs” workout along with a modified yoga stretch sequence I’ve customized for myself.

2 Likes

I did strength training today including squats, bulgarian lunges, split jumps, jump shrugs, pushups, and hip exercises.

3 Likes

Persuaded by friend to do ‘Strong Nation’ CFC group workout class on campus tonight. No pics, but imagine Zumba * HIIT * BodyCombat and you’re about there. Plus laughing at ourselves 50% of the time, and sweat dripping by the end. Good workout!

3 Likes

I try to do yoga every day; ideally in a continuous streak. Here’s today’s workout!

2 Likes

Went for a hike this morning with my dog. Captured the woods before the impending winter storm.

Everything was still and waiting for snow.

The creek had incredible ice crystals

3 Likes

So beautiful!

1 Like