Backstretch Bingo is back! Play with your running friends!

FLRC is excited to introduce our Backstretch Bingo game, running from December 1st through 25th. Every day, we will post a new running-themed activity to challenge you to get out and stay active during this potentially wintry month. Mark off your bingo card each time you complete an activity and then scream “Bingo!” when you get five in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal row. (OK, just announce it here on the FLRC forum.) No prizes this year—just the fun of playing a game with running friends.

To get started, follow these steps:

1. At the Backstretch Bingo invitation page, enter your name and click Join Game.
  2. You’ll receive an email with a link to your randomized bingo card.
  3. Click the link in the email to access your bingo card, which will have squares in a different order.
  4. It’s easiest to print a copy and play on paper; click Print in the upper right corner.
  5. To play, once an activity has been published and you have accomplished it (and posted any associated photos in the activity’s forum topic ), check off that activity’s square.
  6. When you get a bingo, post a photo of your completed card in that day’s topic.

The Fine Print: Daily activities will be announced via the FLRC forum. Each activity can be completed on any day after it has been announced. You can complete more than one activity per day. We encourage participants to share photos on the forum.

3 Likes

I absolutely love this @lizhartman :heart: thanks so much for setting it up! I clicked on the invitation page but it asked me to enter my name, not email address, so I did it that way. I saved the player code I was assigned. Hope that works?

Benedetta, what I did was take a screenshot of my card and will use that to keep track by editing it in my phone’s photo editor and adding Xs to the ones I do.

3 Likes

I did the same thing, Heather!

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion about the email address, folks! Liz and I reused last year’s instructions, but because we aren’t trying to track prizes this year, I switched it from asking for email to asking for name.

So, yes, you’ll want to take a screenshot of your card or use the print function.

I’ve edited the post above to clarify

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks for clarifying!

I LOVED this last year!!! Thanks for bringing it back!!!

1 Like

As someone who didn’t do this last year — can you two-for-one the days? For example I did an art run and school colors run on the same run! Or is it supposed to be one per day? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes you can.

The Fine Print: Daily activities will be announced via the FLRC forum. Each activity can be completed on any day after it has been announced. You can complete more than one activity per day. We encourage participants to share photos on the forum.

2 Likes

Sweet! I don’t want to get in trouble with the run police. :rofl: