Backstretch Bingo Day 15: Charity Run

Charity Run: Dedicate your run to a charity, donate if you can, and tell us which charity you’re supporting and why.

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

1 Like

Several months ago, @raenb0 invited me to Charity Miles, which links up to your Strava and donates money to a charity for every mile you run. I honestly forget I have it, but when I do remember, it makes me feel good. We’d love to have more people join us!

Please join my team run2gether on Charity Miles. Charity Miles is more fun with friends. Charity Miles App | Walk, Run, Bike for a Causes

5 Likes

Ran this AM in support of the Southern Tier Foodbank.

4 Likes

I ran this morning, the charity miles app that @heathercobb3 mentioned donates to a charity of your choice for every mile you run, walk or bike. I donate to Soles4Souls

5 Likes

I just checked the app and @heathercobb3 has run over 1600 miles for charity! Way to go!

5 Likes

Today’s miles are dedicated to Farm Sanctuary and all the volunteers who work so hard giving these farm rescues a better life.

This past Thanksgiving, we “adopted” a turkey at Farm Sanctuary in Watkins Glen. My youngest is passionate about animals and animal welfare, and this year asked me repeatedly to please sponsor another turkey (we have done so before). They are all deserving but she chose Sandy the Sweetheart.

I took the girls there a few summers ago to meet the turkeys and other animals. What a beautiful place and mission.

3 Likes

I followed the example of @heathercobb3 and @raenb0 and joined their team on the Charity Miles App! This is fantastic. From now on, it will donate to Save the Children for every mile I run :heart:

And with this run… I also have my first bingo!

4 Likes

Winner winner chicken dinner! So glad to have you on our team!

1 Like

I joined @heathercobb3 ‘s team on Charity Miles and this morning logged my first run for the National Parks Foundation. I’m really glad Heather mentioned the app! It seamlessly links with Strava!

3 Likes