Backstretch Bingo Day 2: Different Time

Different Time: Mix things up by running at an unusual time of day for you and tell us how it worked out.

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

1 Like

ran at lunch - not in the morning - on a Friday (normally a biking day). felt wobbly - as if body was confused by unusual activity at unusual time …

3 Likes

Ran at 2pm on the open parts of Taughannock with Paul. I’ve been really sick for the past two weeks and it felt great to run outside again. Midday is an usual time for us! We’re morning or night runners.

2 Likes

Ran at 2pm, a different time than usual…jami and i did the rim and gorge trails at Taughannock, minus the parts that were closed…

3 Likes

These days, since I am not teaching and I don’t have a regular work schedule, I pretty much run always at a different time :joy: So, it was a bit hard to find an unusual time of the day, but I ultimately decided that I almost never run at night, so that was going to be my “different time” for a run today. First, I had a lovely dinner with friends to celebrate my friend Nayra’s birthday:

At 10:30 pm, I left and jogged 5 miles around our neighborhood in Fall Creek.

It actually worked pretty well: much better than going straight to bed with a big meal in my stomach!

2 Likes

Like Benedetta, I run at fairly random times, so it would be difficult to label any one as “different.” However, after a late-night dinner with Charlie Fay and Tom Hartshorne to discuss Hartshorne Masters Mile details and Skunk Cabbage safety plans (and drink wine, eat cheese, and swap stories), the likelihood of joining the group run this morning, or even getting out of bed by 8:30 AM, was low. Tonya gets the credit for getting me out the door, so I think showing up at all on too little sleep counts as “different.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did my hill repeats this AM around 10. Often I prefer to run a bit later after fueling but got in the run a-ok and powered by a solid Spotify playlist.

2 Likes

I ran today at noon, instead of my habitual 7am. I wanted to run trails after feeling beat up by a road run yesterday so me, my husband Hugh, our 13 year old son Hugh IV, and our dog Lemon did a 3 mile out and back run/walk from flat rock. The trails were lovely! Leaves were all crunched down so you could see roots again, and the footing was great with just the right amount of mud.

3 Likes

Ran 5 miles on Saturday at 2:45 am. A generally abnormal time for most runners, unless you’re doing the FLRC Ultra Challenge, but 4 am-4 pm shifts and 15 hr days call for drastic measures!

2 Likes

On Friday, I couldn’t run at my usual 8am time, so did a treadmill workout at 4:00 pm before heading to the artist market at the South Hill Business campus. I was very hungry after, but got some great Ghanaian food at the market.

1 Like

Last week I ended up running at various times of day. The most unusual run ‘time’ for me was getting started within minutes of sending my kids to school.

1 Like

As many of you know I am a fairly inflexible pre-breakfast morning runner but I couldn’t run earlyFriday morning. As luck would have it my daughter was heading out at 11:15am and graciously allowed me to join her for couple of loops around Beebe.

2 Likes

During the week, I now wait to run until lunchtime, after the girls have left for school and I’ve had time for enough breakfast and all the coffee. And warming temperatures. But today there was an early dismissal, so I hit the trails as soon as the last bus left and enjoyed temperatures in the mid-20s, with previously wet sections now frozen and plenty of needle ice.

2 Likes

I run at many times of day depending on my schedule, so I decided my unusual time was running on Monday at 1 pm (if I run at lunch I ususually leave before 1) since I don’t normally run on Mondays.

2 Likes

Convinced my other half to do a short run around sapsucker woods after indoor climbing Sunday morning. So we ended up running at about 11:30am which is definitely not my usual running time… More like my usual eating time!

3 Likes

Today was an in-office day and my afternoon walk commute is usually at 4:30pm, but today it was at 6pm because I worked late.

2 Likes

I went on a work trip on Tue/Wednesday this week and had to run Wednesday morning at 7:30am. I rarely run earlier than 3pm in Ithaca so different time as well as place!

2 Likes