Backstretch Bingo Day 9: Before Sunrise

Before Sunrise: Drag yourself out of bed to run before sunrise and prove it with a photo of your watch showing the time of day.

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

1 Like

Wow it was perfect to see ‘before sunrise’ pop up today! Erica and I just returned from our mountain repeats loop at Virgil, most of which was completed before sunrise. There was a single streak of purple in the sky at the top of lift 5 which I didn’t photograph.

I also didn’t take a picture of my watch with the time :grimacing: but I do have the time stamp on my Strava.
The sunrise looked a little bit like this:

5 Likes

Kudos to you ladies for a 5:52 AM run! Impressive (she says, while rolling out of bed :rofl:)…

2 Likes

Phew, I just made it! Sadly no color in the sky.

4 Likes

I did it! Uff… thanks bingo for dragging me out of bed :rofl:

Wonderful to see the light slowly rise from Cass Park…

4 Likes

I was in Manhattan for a few days and caught sunrise as I headed out at 7:15 for a run.

3 Likes

Got a couple miles

in before the sun came up over the hills!

2 Likes

Many of my runs are before sunrise including today’s but it was 14 degrees and I didn’t want to take my gloves off to take a photo. Start time was 6:52 am and I saw the sunrise over the golf course off Pleasant Grove Road.

2 Likes

Sunrise in the foothills never gets old! Started running just before 7 am. No headlamp required because the stars were out.

3 Likes

I miss those desert trails (I grew up in Las Vegas). Absolutely beautiful. :heart:

1 Like

I started my run to and from the gym, with lifting in the middle just before sunrise this morning.

1 Like

The garbage truck woke me up at 5:30, so I decided rather than slog through the storm later, I’d get up and get this square done.

6 Likes

Good pre-snow run this AM.

2 Likes

Wow, beautiful sky @heathercobb3 :heart_eyes:

1 Like