Backstretch Bingo Day 3: School Colors

School Colors: Go for a run wearing your school’s colors (high school, college, whatever) and post a selfie letting us know what school. Bonus points for sharing the mascot!

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

1 Like

I’m calling this one for wearing my much beloved and tattered Cornell Cross Country sweatshirt from 1986 to the group run this morning. Photo evidence!

2 Likes

As I’m here in Ithaca only for a short period, I’m dreadfully unequipped for most tasks (eeeeehm… such as my lack of a headlamp to run at night!), and it turns out I’ve not brought any of my Cornell gear with me. So, this morning I had to steal a Cornell t-shirt from my half-asleep partner, who mattered “why the hell do you need a Cornell t-shirt anyway?!”

I shouted back: “FOR THE BINGO!”

“The what?!” he said. I was already outside of the door :joy:

I could not have used any high school gear, since my high school in Italy did not do any merchandise or have sport teams. Lame, I know.

Anyway, the FLRC group run on the South Hill Rec Way was lovely! :heart: It was great to see the usual familiar crowd, chat with @gumbywhale, @tonya-engst, and speedy @lizhartman, and meet @EllenT (welcome to the FLRC!).

Many thanks to our fearless leader, @heathercobb3, for coordinating the run, and for bringing the treats. I can’t wait for the Ugly Holiday Sweater themed run (though I might have to steal another sweater from my partner…) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I struggled to find anything red this morning and had to make due w skeleton pants. Red for Cornell because all my vet school shirts seemed to be mia. Awesome group run! Photos courtesy of @heathercobb3 and @tonya-engst

No photo evidence as it was dark, but Jami can attest that i had blue pants on last night for our run at Hammond hill, one of the colors of Ross University! Fyi it’s in the Caribbean lol

2 Likes

Went on a run yesterday afternoon fueled by the goal of getting a Mama Said handpie (Chickpea kale with hot sauce and salsa). Despite the Netherlands’ win over the US in the World Cup I wore my Princeton Tigers

school colors of black and orange.

3 Likes

My high school colors were purple and white, and while these shoes aren’t exactly purple, it’s close enough!

2 Likes

Group trail run to the South Sandia peak this morning wearing my trusty blue Nathan vest. Blue for my college alma mater, the University of Toronto Varsity Blues! Group shot at the peak with the best dog photobomb.

3 Likes

I pulled out one of my Lawrence cross country shirts for my run to and from the gym today.

1 Like

gold/white/black → Pratt Institute

This was also my art run!

3 Likes

This was a tough one to decide on… I had a hard time choosing which school to represent and actually unpacked my high school cross country t-shirts from 30 years ago! GVHS Gooooo Gators! Still not sure how I decided the “gangsta” phase looked okay on me (read: size XL shirts :joy:) So instead, I packed it all back up and put on red for my time as a MS geology student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Still some of the best years of my life! Go Bucky and On Wisconsin! :heart:

2 Likes

I had to run on a treadmill yesterday - feeling super worn out during the day and only got some energy back at night. But I took the chance to put on these blue shorts & gold singlet in the colors of UC Berkeley:

2 Likes

I had to borrow my kid’s Cubs Camp shirt for some school colors, but here I am repping Cornell (my undergrad alma mater and current employer!) @adamengst Do I get bonus points for completing the Mithical Milers workout too? :joy:

1 Like

Always. I’m very generous with bonus points. :slight_smile:

1 Like