Backstretch Bingo Day 18: Go Red!

Go Red! Find something red on your run and take a selfie with it.

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

1 Like

Picked up my red Christmas plant, then picked up a kilometer slog along downtown & commons.
Note the Hartshorne 50th-year sweatshirt- it was Oliver’s!
I’d bought the poinsettia from our Unitarian church’s memory-of fundraiser- (had listed mine in memory of Oliver plus 2 siblings I lost this fall).

4 Likes

Could not have picked a better bingo for the day! This morning, we celebrated Ben’s graduation with plenty of BIG RED there :mortar_board:

This afternoon, I had one more chance to run with my lovely neighbor @adam.schoene and we were matching in red running tops!

7 Likes

I did a double of the 2022 challenge Treman/Lickbrook route today. There was a lot less snow than Virgil yesterday and prolonged running was possible! Here’s the big red barn up at the Treman end of the route:

(I didn’t mean to look so serious.)

4 Likes

So so impressive @Jami_Landry :star_struck: I am in awe!

Red rocks on the Dragon Back trail near San Ysidro, NM! Felt like we were running on Mars.

3 Likes

One of the bleeding trail markers on the lick brook/treman route. Jami did a marathon on it today and i met her for half of it as i was watching the amazing world cup game!!

3 Likes

Just trying to find a tiny bit of color on a

very gray and crunchy run!

4 Likes

@Jami_Landry How’s the snow out that way? I was on the trails until a couple days ago but since then it’s become very crunchy-punchy-post-holey (for lack of a better term!). Postholing is already challenging but with the snow so frozen in Vestal and not yet packed down, moving in any way (without snowshoes) is pretty rough going! :joy:

It’s really nice actually! It’s crunchy but not very deep except the upper Treman end of the trail. I did wear spikes though, there’s some icy spots on the lick brook side.

1 Like

Tonight I ran by the gates to the Cornell track.

4 Likes

I ran by Ithaca High School and very patiently waited for the sign to flash a red & yellow (excuse me, “cardinal”) display:

4 Likes

I wanted something holiday-themed for this one, but I wasn’t sure if I would find it, so I had a picture of a stop sign as a backup. Luckily I found these bows all along this fence instead.

4 Likes

Today I ran by a dumpster :crazy_face:

3 Likes