Backstretch Bingo Day 4: Hill Sprints

Hill Sprints: Do hill sprints during your run (e.g. 4-6 reps of 8-10 seconds of uphill running with 1-2 minutes recovery between reps). Which hill did you choose?

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

2 Likes

Loaded up my California International Marathon gear this AM to honor today being race day and did 6x 1 min repeats on the South Hill Recway hill, about 3/4 of a mile south from the Hudson St entrance.

3 Likes

Did a roundabout run of monkey run with Paul for six 10 second repeats on a hill called gulch something or other heading up to the golf course.

2 Likes

Monkey run route w Jami, did hill repeats on the out of the gulch segment heading up to the golf course. Nice cool evening out!

1 Like

So cool to see what everybody is doing! This morning, I did the first part of my run with my friend Rebecca (through Stewart Park and the Waterfront Trail). Then I went up University Ave and Stewart Ave and did my hill sprints there. I always get to the top panting, but I am rewarded by the nice views:

1 Like

The Sandia peak ascent today wasn’t exactly a planned hill workout, but run/hiking/clambering up a mountain should count for elevation training right? Only one hill… just a really big hill!

1 Like

After doing my day 5 Trail Run around Beebe with my friends I headed off to the Arboretum by myself to tackle Adam’s famous hill circuit there. Did a total of 6 hills I wouldn’t have done without the inspiration from this Bingo game.

2 Likes

I added 5 hill repeats to my workout last Thursday (12/1) because I’m also participating in Aravaipa Running’s Merry Vertmas virtual event. You’ll see them in the image between miles 6-8. I managed to avoid hill repeats for about three decades but started them once again this past summer when I was training to run Whiteface. Definitely wasn’t a fan in high school, but now I find them rewarding. They really do pay off.

2 Likes

4x20” hill “sprints” up the trail to horse barns at the end of my run today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

While out on my trail run today, did some inverted hill sprints: hike up and sprint down. I wanted to work on building my running downhill confidence. The section of the Treman rim trail I chose isn’t meant for speed, but was good for picking lines and working on avoiding roots and rocks. I repeated 4 times.

4 Likes

I run in Elmira on Fridays and it’s flat as a pancake compared to Ithaca. Found a hill on a bike path and repeated it a few times. The pace spikes show the repeats - I ran off to let a large group pass after 4, then came back for a final one.

2 Likes