Backstretch Bingo Day 13: Festive Display

Festive Display: Run past a festive display—the bigger the better!—and snap a pic to share.

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

1 Like

Fun! I was wary of the icy roads and trails this morning, so I ran on my treadmill, which is in our basement. Enjoyed the festive windows here :slight_smile:

(During which, my dog enjoyed the cozy couch)

5 Likes

I was on the trails this morning (no lights but plenty of hoar frost) but coincidentally I took a photo of our house last night, after I got home. I run by my house every time I finish a run! My husband has done a nice job of redoing the lights and making everything look beautiful and inviting. I wanted him to know.

That light tree off to the right is in the backyard and it’s quite popular with the neighbors. Everyone loves seeing it go up and it’s now in it’s second year.

Pumpkin pies and Christmas lights…we love finding ways to spread a little joy. :heart:

6 Likes

I ran in the neighborhood near my apartment and found this festive display.

5 Likes

I snapped photos of two festive displays on my run this evening.

One was where the Waterfront Trail meets Buffalo:

The other was at my neighbor’s house. They go HARD for every holiday, we’re talking new inflatables, door decor, flags, etc. every month the entire year. But even at those standards, the Christmas display is hard to beat. Two life-sized (4-5’ tall?) nutcracker statues and a life-size Santa by the front door:

4 Likes

Wandering around downtown Dryden, getting my daily mile in, and finding some festive displays.

4 Likes

I’m not really sure if ‘reply to this email to respond’ will be the right way to post my festive display outing, so here it is:
A not-too-overdone set of lighted reindeer in northeast on Chris Circle… snapshot from pretty early in the day when I was up there for an appointment. AND the snowy/chill morning view was a bonus to the display!
My outings on foot are still barely-attemped runs, but I did go for 13 minutes in the area, later in the day when it was “warmer”. Enjoying all the lighted-up houses of the season!
-Amelia

IMG_1204.jpg

5 Likes

Passed my festive neighbors house while doing our weekly mile pacing run. This is the first time I’ve run on roads in a long time! It felt ok in Hokas.

3 Likes

I’m using this photo for my bingo square too lol!

1 Like

I did the MITHACAL MILERS workout with @adam.schoene in Stewart Park. For the final strides we returned to our neighborhood in Fall Creek and took pictures of the festive displays outside of the houses. Some decorations are quite impressive!

4 Likes

Early morning run with no plan for bingo today but ran past a festive display on Hanshaw Road. Bonus sunrise for the pic I didn’t get on my sunrise run yesterday.

2 Likes

Ran past my neighbors’ houses this morning on the way to our local rail trail. Took this photo last night while walking Sam. You know you’re in the desert when there’s a glowing purple cactus decoration!

2 Likes

I’ve already completed this bingo challenge in Ithaca, but I just wanted to share the festive decorations from Cameri, my village in Italy!

5 Likes

Ran by one more festive display today… this one is quite original because they painted some haystacks :christmas_tree: :santa:

2 Likes

One final festive display from my run today to wish everyone merry Christmas and happy holidays! :christmas_tree: :santa:

I ran by these light installations, projected onto the main monuments in Orvieto.

The Torre del Moro:

The Palazzo del Popolo:

The Church of Sant’Andrea:

The Town Hall:

2 Likes

Taughannock Falls sign in the holiday spirit from
my run there today:

2 Likes