Backstretch Bingo Day 6: Art Run

Art Run: Take a selfie on a run with anything artistic (a statue, landscape, mural, etc) and share it with the group.

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

1 Like

I ran by David Stromeyer’s “Remembrance” by the Cornell baseball field today. https://museum.cornell.edu/collections/modern-contemporary/public-sculpture

3 Likes

Andy Goldsworthy cairn at Sapsucker Woods. (Took this despite really disliking selfies!) Also this was my school colors run (gold/white/black).

4 Likes

I just did a little shakeout run before the MITHACAL MILERS track workout this evening :grin:

I am on the Cornell campus again today, so the setting is perfect to snap pictures of art in every form (beautiful landscape, traditional statues, and artistic installations)!

Here are the highlights:

1. The view from the top of Libe Slope:

2. A compulsory selfie with Ezra:

3. The artistic installation called “Circulating Matters” on the Arts Quad: Circulating Matters | AAP Labs

1. The artistic installation called “Unframe” on the Arts Quad: Cornell Biennial: "UNFRAME" by Leslie Lok, Kurt Jordan, Matthew Reiter, Sasa Zivkovic - Cornell

1. Beebe Lake and its :duck: residents:

1. A compulsory selfie with the bear (glad to see he’s well equipped for the upcoming winter :scarf:):

2. Finally, the Johnson Museum of Art with its beautiful light installation “Cosmos,” an homage to the late Cornell astronomy professor Carl Sagan: https://museum.cornell.edu/exhibitions/leo-villareal-cosmos

2 Likes

It’s an artistic selfie! :wink:

I got out of work late again tonight, so instead of Mithical Milers, Paul and I worked on mile pacing at the Jim Schug Trail. On the way back we stopped by some Dryden art.

3 Likes

This art is near my office on campus, and I walk by it twice a day twice a week, commuting to and from the parking lot.

4 Likes

Trail art at a lookout point in the foothills! No selfie as Sam was carefully inspecting the art to make sure it was safe :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve been waiting all week to run past this piece on the BU campus because one of my least favorite places to run is campus on a weekday during the semester when classes are letting out. :upside_down_face: Traffic can be a bit much too.

But I love this art piece and even though there are a few others on campus, this one speaks to me the most (for obvious reasons :wink:).

3 Likes

This mural is on the north side of Buffalo just east of the Waterfront Trail. It faces another one of a carp (picture is too blurry to see) on an opposite building, and they’re two of my favorites in Ithaca:

With this, bingo could be very soon!!

2 Likes

Get those hill sprints done! :laughing:

I ran past this giant purple sculpture on North Campus on my way into the gym this morning.

2 Likes

Always love running by the sculptures by the Human Ecology building (is it even called that anymore?)

2 Likes