Backstretch Bingo Day 14: Holiday Fuel

Holiday Fuel: Show us what holiday-themed running fuel—interpreted however you like!—you chose for this run.

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

1 Like

My go-to after a winter long run or ski is Nesquik hot chocolate in almond milk, using my favorite mug (: Great way to celebrate my first double digit run since recovering from COVID!

7 Likes

A sunset from the Waterfront to fuel the soul…

… and leftover Christmas cheesecake from Paris Baguette to fuel the stomach :yum:

4 Likes

Just some toasted pecans for a go on the Y’s treadmill, but I really enjoy the deepened nutty flavor after putting these into a 350 oven for 10 minutes.
(and making up a small sheet pan of them is more than enough for the week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not super holiday-ish but definitely winter-ish is my post-winter-run bowl of hot gf oatmeal, peanut butter, brown sugar…sometimes raisins. And year-round but most appreciated after a cold run is that hot cup of coffee. :yum:

2 Likes

A favorite pre-run fuel with a holiday twist are the gluten free snickerdoodle cookies from Trader Joe’s. They’re soft and chewy and easy to digest.

4 Likes

I’m lucky to have friends crazy enough to climb Virgil Mountain four times in 8 inches of snow. Lift 5 in all seasons! I thanked them with a tankard of homemade hot cocoa back at the cars. The perfect holiday fuel!

3 Likes

Eggnog and cookies are the quintessential holiday fueling post-group run.

5 Likes

Everyone looking so snazzy!! But what holiday sweater did you have on?

I whipped up some hot cocoa after my run yesterday courtesy of last year’s Trader Joe’s sipping chocolate. Being the kind and considerate person I am, I started out by pouring enough milk into the pan for three cups so that my partner could have some too. Of course, then I discovered we only had enough mix left for one cup. Fortunately there was enough regular cocoa powder and sugar left to supplement and no one went cocoa-less :coffee:

4 Likes

More details here, but I forgot my sweater at home.

1 Like

I brought KitKats to share after the group run last Saturday.

2 Likes