Backstretch Bingo Day 11: Water Run

Water Run: Run by a lake, pond, stream, or waterfall and post a photo. Bonus points for capturing water in interesting non-liquid forms.

Backstretch Bingo is a hybrid online/in-person activity that gives runners a way to engage with one another and keep their running fresh during the dark days of December—the veritable backstretch of the year.

1 Like

The snow was perfect for some running with friends on the Black Diamond Trail during the Triathlon group run.

7 Likes

I love the action shot :rofl: :heart:

Got out on the East Hill Rec Way for a crystalline water (snowy) run with my dog + friends.

4 Likes

This morning I ran past Harpur Pond in the BUNP and it was mostly frozen over with a layer of snow.

I’m also including the needle ice photo from the other day (this morning it was all covered by a dusting of snow) and the knickpoint with mini-waterfall.

5 Likes

Caught the last morning snow when I left my house…

And then I had ALL the water from the Waterfront Trail at my disposal :rofl:

Cayuga Lake from Stewart Park:

And the lovely view from the Farmers Market:

6 Likes

I ran along the waterfront trail once the snow stopped, but I didn’t totally dodge the sleet that started as I ended…

5 Likes

Oh no @mdoruska3! Did you slip and fall or did the sleet do this from the impact?? Glad it wasn’t worse and I hope the rest of the run was enjoyable!

I took it easy over the bridges so the sleet was just a bit hard when it hit my face, otherwise it didn’t cause any real problems

2 Likes

It definitely stings when those little ball bearings bounce of your face!

I did the Thom b loop out at Hammond Hill today. There was a couple inches of snow up there!!! Lots of frozen water and not many pictures because I ended up with a frozen phone.

4 Likes

Trying to catch up, so I ran in my Denison Univ hat, on a trail, doing hills, with my friend Ubu the dog, near some water.

6 Likes

So good to see Ubu!!! @sryan004

Plenty of snow on the South Hill Rec Way as well. On the longest leg there was half a mile snowy, half a mile clear, and then snowy again out to the point where the trail meets Coddington:

1 Like

Ellie loves this form of water. And the fish will hibernate soon in pond at our house at the beginning/end of tonight’s run

2 Likes

Snowy run by ponds at sapsucker woods this morning, lovely out

4 Likes

Water run plus friend run :-).

2 Likes

To find water in the desert, just go up! There is usually snow on the ridge, and sometimes there is some awe-inspiring cloud cover at the peak. Not pictured but definitely present are the puffs of steam from panting while ascending the ridge - it was 18F with the wind chill when we started running this morning!

2 Likes

Run at the Mulholland Wildflower Preserve today by their pond, starting to freeze over. Photo of the pond and my bingo.

4 Likes

I went for a snowshoe run this afternoon at Hammond Hill. There’s a creek behind me, it’s just covered with snow! :slight_smile:

3 Likes