FLRC Challenge East Hill Dryden Rail Trail group run Sunday, June 5th at 8:30 AM

Sorry for the late posting on this one—Tonya and I just got back in town and caught up. There’s no Saturday group run this week, but let’s get together for another big FLRC Challenge group run on Sunday, June 5th.

We’ll run the East Hill Dryden Rail Trail course, which is a flat, pretty 7.5 miles that’s easy to follow and see other runners, being basically two out-and-backs. If you aren’t signed up for the FLRC Challenge (no time to waste!) or haven’t yet signed the FLRC Training Programs waiver already in 2022, please do one or the other. We’re happy to help if you need assistance getting started with the Webscorer app on your phone.

We’ll meet at 8:30 AM at the FLRC Challenge sign at the intersection of the Dryden Rail Trail and Stevenson Road, and start running at 8:45 AM. This is pretty close in, but carpooling is still encouraged!

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with meetup ideas.
  • I need a ride
  • I can give a ride

0 voters

It’s not the best spot for post-run group breakfast, but bring some water and a snack if you want to do some hangout tailgating while everyone comes in and socializes afterward.

Please register in the poll below using your flat road pace so everyone can see if they’ll have pace partners. (Click the icons under each answer to see who has voted.)

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-and-up-minute pace

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, and I hope to see you Sunday!

If you go a ¼ mile up the dirt road that the challenge sign is on, right before the trail narrows, there’s plenty of shade and space to spread out and parallel park…might be a better socializing spot than out in the sun, speaking as a pale redhead!

1 Like

Hey, good idea! Speaking as the guy who won the worst tan on my high school track and cross country teams three years running. :wink:

Happy to pick folks up from downtown ithaca, Cornell, or otherwise nearby areas.

2 Likes

I’m planning to arrive at 8:20/8:25 with a goal of starting at 8:30(ish), because I will need more time to finish. I will need to walk a mile of this run, so maybe a half-mile at the start and a half-mile at the end. @lgilmer @caroline-brockner. I could @ mention more people - anyone is welcome to join!!

Remember that this run has your car in the middle, so you can leave water/snack in the car and take a quick fueling break mid-run.

I like the idea of going up the dirt road off Stevenson to park in the shade.

Talk about perfect running weather, and it was a fabulous run with 24 people joining, including a couple of new faces that we hope to see more of in the future. With @heathercobb3 off running Lucifer’s Crossing, I completely forgot to get a group picture.

And, for future reference, even if there’s a nicer place to hang out, it proved impossible to herd the cats away from the start/finish. (But yes, @steve-desmond, it was really bright out.)

Good to know I am only good for reminding you to take a picture. :wink: I had a great run at LC, and came in way under my estimated time (even while dragging along 2 women who completed an ultra the day before and who I roped into doing LC with me). It was a beautiful day and I’m glad it was a great turn out!