FLRC Challenge group run on Saturday, 4/22 at 8:30 AM at the Ellis Hollow Nature Preserve

Given the warm weather predicted for Saturday, this week’s FLRC Challenge group run will introduce you to the new Ellis Hollow Creek Crossings course, with post-run bagels and cream cheese and chocolate milk at Tonya’s and my house at 50 Hickory Road around the corner. Feel free to bring a towel and jump in our pond afterward—we’ve been in a few times already. Please vote in the pace poll early so we can get enough bagels.

You can park at the start, on the west (Ithaca) side of Hickory Road by our house, or at the Ellis Hollow Community Center, as shown below. Leave enough time to run (downhill) the start if you’re parking elsewhere.

We’ll meet in the Ellis Hollow Nature Preserve parking lot at 8:30 AM to run the 2.2-mile course (check the course page for a Google Map pin and RunGo directions, which I strongly recommend). Since it’s quite short (but technical!), some groups may want to run it again backwards or add more miles on the roads.

After the usual milling, introductions, and recap on Challenge timing (download the Webscorer app if you haven’t already!), we’ll aim to start running the course around 8:45 AM.

Please vote in the pace poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with. The paces below are for flat roads—everyone will be running quite a bit more slowly on these trails.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, and while FLRC membership and FLRC Challenge participation are encouraged, neither is required. If you’re not running the Challenge, please sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver. You only need to sign once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set—check here.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply below with meetup ideas.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride

0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs—you don’t need to run at the front!—contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar—instructions here.

I’d love to go, but I registered for the Ithaca Children’s Turtle Garden run this Saturday at 9 AM.

I am hoping to go, but will need a ride from downtown Ithaca. If anyone else coming from or passing through Ithaca on your way to Ellis Hollow?

1 Like

I’ve signed up for this and will forgo the other. I haven’t run outdoors however in a long time, not exactly in tip top shape.

I will be Jesse.

A lovely morning for a group run at Ellis Hollow, followed by bagels, chocolate milk, coffee, and pond dipping for the brave souls at Adam and Tonya’s.

4 Likes

Thank you to our kind hosts, @adamengst and @tonya-engst! Another excellent morning in the books!

1 Like

@adamengst Is there a group run planned for this coming weekend?

@julie19 Yes! We are doing the Lakefront Loops 5k on Sunday.

Great! I’ll see you Sunday!

1 Like