FLRC Challenge group run on Sunday, 4/30 at 8:30 AM behind the Cass Park Rink

This week’s FLRC Challenge group run will introduce you to the new Lakefront Loops 5K course.

We’ll meet in the parking lot behind the Cass Park skating rink (where the Winter Chill 5Ks start) on Sunday at 8:30 AM to run the 5K course (check the course page for a Google Map pin and to get RunGo directions, which are worthwhile the first time you run it). Since the course is quite short and completely flat, some groups may want to run it again or add more miles on the roads.

After the usual milling, introductions, and recap on Challenge timing (download the Webscorer app if you haven’t already!), we’ll aim to start running the course around 8:45 AM. We’ll have some bagels and fruit for post-run snacking—make sure to vote in the pace poll so we can bring enough.

Voting in the pace poll also helps newcomers get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, and while FLRC membership and FLRC Challenge participation are encouraged, neither is required. If you’re not running the Challenge, please sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver. You only need to sign once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set—check here.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply below with meetup ideas.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride

0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs—you don’t need to run at the front!—contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar—instructions here.

Anyone interested in meeting early and doing the Black Diamond course before hand? I don’t live in Ithaca, so if I’m making the drive in I might as well make the most of it. If I did it on my own I’d be around 9-10 min/pace, but happy to go a bit faster or slower for company. I am looking to do the 8.3 miles by starting at Cass Park and turning around at the halfway point.

@Challengers In case you missed @julie19’s post and are looking for a Sunday long run with the Black Diamond Trail Park to Park before the Lakefront Loops, let her know…

Also, if anyone needs a ride from between Ellis Hollow and Cass Park, Tonya and I will have room in the car.

Great group this morning!

4 Likes