FLRC Challenge group run on Sunday, 6/18 at 8:30 AM at Blueberry Patch

We’re working our way up in distance, so this week’s FLRC Challenge group run will explore the trails of the Blueberry Patch course in the Finger Lakes National Forest. This will be the last FLRC Challenge group run for a bit, since we have a bunch of races coming up, and group runs will be focused on previewing those courses. But we’ll have two final Challenge group runs for Ludlowville Loop and Dryden Lake Lollipop in mid-July and mid-August. Full schedule here.

For those who want to drive themselves, meet at the Blueberry Patch Campground parking lot on Sunday at 8:30 AM (check the course page for a Google Map pin and get RunGo directions, which are essential the first time you run it).

However, given the distance (about 18 miles from the Commons), we’re going to organize the canonical cross-country carpool and meet at Cornell’s B Lot by the Vet School, across from the Cornell Orchards. Be there around 7:45 AM so we can split up into cars and leave at 8:00 AM sharp to get to Blueberry Patch by 8:30 AM. Please be sure to vote in the carpool poll below if you need a ride or can drive so we can make sure we have enough seats. If you live downtown, reply below so we can arrange for someone to pick you up on the way out of town.

After the usual milling, introductions, and photo, we’ll aim to start running the course around 8:45 AM. We’ll have some bagels and fruit for post-run snacking—make sure to vote in the pace poll so we can bring enough. And please do vote! We’ve been getting a lot more runners than voters, which may be keeping some people away because they don’t think many people will show up.

Voting in the pace poll also helps newcomers get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, and while FLRC membership and FLRC Challenge participation are encouraged (nudge, nudge!), neither is required. If you’re not running the Challenge, please sign the FLRC Training Programs waiver. You only need to sign once for all 2023 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set—check here.)

Let’s reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one from Cornell’s B Lot by the Vet School.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride

0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs—you don’t need to run at the front!—contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar—instructions here.

I will likely be there provided I don’t wreck myself racing on Saturday, but certainly at a recovery pace.

1 Like