FLRC Challenge Group Run on the Forest Frolic Course Saturday 10/16 at 8:30 AM

FLRC Challenge Group Runs continue! To help introduce people to the FLRC Challenge and help those already in the Challenge with their efforts, we’ll be moving them around to various FLRC Challenge courses.

October 16th’s FLRC Challenge run will be on the Forest Frolic course, hosted by Heather Cobb. This 9-mile course starts at the intersection of Hauck Hill Road and Bleck Road, and there’s plenty of parking on the side of both roads. The start/finish is where the trail pops out onto Hauck Hill Road. Then it heads down the road toward the traditional Forest Frolic start/finish and from there, it follows the rest of the Frolic race course. You can of course choose whether you go left at the figure-8 intersection or straight up the hill to run the big loop either clockwise (left) or counter-clockwise (straight).

We will meet at 8:30 AM and start running at 8:45 AM.

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, neither club membership nor registration for the FLRC Challenge is required, but if you are not signed up for the FLRC Challenge, you must sign an online waiver. You only need to sign this waiver once for all 2021 group runs.

There will be post-run snacks, so please stick around after for socializing and eating a delicious breakfast.

Unless you’re fully vaccinated (2 weeks post-second shot for Moderna/Pfizer and post-shot for J&J), please bring a mask for wearing whenever you’re not running.

If you have questions, or if you might be interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for future runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb at cobb.heather.m@gmail.com.

Resources:

Upcoming group runs:

2 Likes

If I can get my butt out of bed, I’m planning to be there for a sub-90:00, hopefully with company?

1 Like

I’m in, though this will be the longest I’ve run in ages, so it’s not inconceivable that I’d bail after the first loop if my legs aren’t holding up. Definitely taking it easy.

Any usual suspects want to join us at 8:30 Saturday morning on the Frolic course? @hubitron, @sn243, @apacheck, @billwatson, @jeanluc, @Dave_K, @Mike_S, @Adam_Berkowitz, @adam.schoene, @Sam_Lagasse?

Alas, I can’t make it this Saturday. Have fun!

I plan to join tomorrow’s run and I just filled out the online waiver. I believe there is rain in the forecast so I may bring along a rain jacket. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Thanks for the fun & wet trail run this morning! For those in our group, it looks like our “detour” was 10:11, to reduce your “race time” accordingly.

2 Likes

It was definitely both a fun and a wet trail run! Melissa and I went off course a few times but backtracked. No worries, extra hills mean extra strength work. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

A lovely amphibious fall run—thanks so much to everyone for joining us and to @heathercobb3 for the post-run danishes!

Before (dry) and after (for my group, soaked) photos:

(From left: @steve-desmond, @adamengst, @amandaking, @heathercobb3, @SueMann, @kuwanna-dyerpietras, @melissawallace, @ks_eggs, @aaron.proujansky1, with @mclark taking the photo)

(From left: @steve-desmond, @ks_eggs, @amandaking, @adamengst, and @aaron.proujansky1—thanks to @heathercobb3 for the photo)

1 Like

And for those who were wondering about the Insta360 ONE X2 camera I was goofing with, only the video at the end worked at all.

iCloud

The trick in the app was that I had keep setting markers for what part of the 360-degree video I wanted to appear. I opted for a drone-like approach. (@adamengst, @steve-desmond, @ks_eggs, @amandaking, and @aaron.proujansky1 in the video, with @heathercobb3 in the background audio. Not shown: @SueMann, @kuwanna-dyerpietras, @melissawallace, and @mclark)