FLRC Challenge Group Run on the Forest Frolic Course Saturday 12/4 at 8:30 AM

Announcement: I will need someone to lead the 12/18 group run. Please contact me for information about being the greeting and snack distributor.

FLRC Challenge Group Runs continue! To help introduce people to the FLRC Challenge and help those already in the Challenge with their efforts, we’ll be moving them around to various FLRC Challenge courses.

December 4th’s FLRC Challenge run will be on the Forest Frolic course, hosted by Heather Cobb. This is the course least-run by participants to complete their challenge, so come on out and get your completion!

This 9-mile course starts at the intersection of Hauck Hill Road and Bleck Road, and there’s plenty of parking on the side of both roads. The start/finish is where the trail pops out onto Hauck Hill Road. Then it heads down the road toward the traditional Forest Frolic start/finish and from there, it follows the rest of the Frolic race course. You can of course choose whether you go left at the figure-8 intersection or straight up the hill to run the big loop either clockwise (left) or counter-clockwise (straight).

We will meet at 8:30 AM and start running at 8:45 AM.

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, neither club membership nor registration for the FLRC Challenge is required, but if you are not signed up for the FLRC Challenge, you must sign an online waiver. You only need to sign this waiver once for all 2021 group runs.

There will be post-run snacks, so please stick around after for socializing and eating a delicious breakfast.

Unless you’re fully vaccinated (2 weeks post-second shot for Moderna/Pfizer and post-shot for J&J), please bring a mask for wearing whenever you’re not running.

If you have questions, or if you might be interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for future runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb at cobb.heather.m@gmail.com.

Resources:

Upcoming group runs:

• 12/18 (conditions dependent): Thom B. Trail Run (8.5 miles in Hammond Hill State Forest) OR Pseudo Skunk Cabbage (13.1 miles starting and finishing at the Ellis Hollow Community Center)
2 Likes

I have very much enjoyed the group runs and meeting more of you all, but I am officially off the trails for the season and won’t make Saturday’s run. But I’ll join for other runs in the future. Thanks again for hosting these @heathercobb3!

1 Like

@kuwanna-dyerpietras thanks for coming out and joining us! Looking forward to seeing you at future group runs!

1 Like

Ran at Virgil Saturday, fell on the ice on the power line, and at the creek crossing, and then when bashed the front of my head, can’t remember where.help please