FLRC Challenge Group Run on the South Hill Rec Way Course Saturday 6/26 @ 8:00/8:30 AM

FLRC Challenge Group Runs continue! To help introduce people to the FLRC Challenge and help those already in the Challenge with their efforts, we’ll be moving them around to various FLRC Challenge courses.

June 26th’s FLRC Challenge run will be on the South Hill Rec Way course, hosted by Heather Cobb. This 6.8-mile course starts above the playground off Juniper Drive, where there are a number of parking spots. There are also parking spots near the Burns and Coddington entrances, but we will be meeting up together after the run for socializing by the Juniper Drive parking area.

There are a few modifications to this group run compared to those in the past:

• Casual/back-of-the-pack runners will meet at 8:00am and begin their run at 8:15am (this is when I will begin).
  • Those who are a bit quicker can meet at 8:30am and begin at 8:45am.
    (This is to allow everyone to more-or-less end their run together and maximize socializing.)
  • We will also be offering bagels and cream cheese for after the run, so please indicate below if you would like to eat breakfast.
  • I want to consume delicious bagels after the run on Saturday!

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, neither club membership nor registration for the FLRC Challenge is required, but if you are not signed up for the FLRC Challenge, you must sign an online waiver. You only need to sign this waiver once for all 2021 group runs.

Unless you’re fully vaccinated (2 weeks post-second shot for Moderna/Pfizer and post-shot for J&J), please bring a mask for wearing whenever you’re not running.

If you have questions, or if you might be interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for future runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb at cobb.heather.m@gmail.com.

Resources:

1 Like

:+1: hoping to knock at least 2 minutes off my original time so I can get back into 8th in the overall points competition

1 Like

If I wasn’t signed up to race the 1500m tomorrow in Cortland, I’d come pace you! And we can do that some other time if need be.

@steve-desmond Great running with you this morning! Looks like your 1:49 improvement would’ve bumped you back up to 8th had Bob Walters not jumped ahead with his Pseudo Skunk run today.

Thanks, same – :eyes: looks like it was actually @crosby.woods’ blazing Thom B this morning that bumped a bunch of us down…guess I’m gonna have to figure out the motivation to run for 2 hours on the road to complete Skunk as my last remaining course – maybe hide a couple 6 packs along the way to share? :grimacing: