FLRC Challenge Group Run Saturday 8/6 @ 8:30am - Brookton Hill & Dale

Apologies for the late post! I was on vacation and my brain hasn’t quite caught up. Following in the footsteps of @danverderosa, and the fact it’s the second least-completed course, this Saturday’s FLRC group run (tomorrow!) will be the FLRC Challenge Brookton Hill & Dale (10.4 miles). While parking on Saturday afternoons and Sundays is discouraged at Brookton’s Market, we will meet there tomorrow at 8:30 AM and start running at 8:45 AM.

If you do not want to run the entire course, I will be practicing my power hiking for about an hour (30 minutes out, 30 minutes back) on the first part of the course. You may also just run a section of it. There will be post-run snacks available so please stick around after for socializing and a delicious breakfast, or score another community star and support the Market.

It will not be as hot as the last group run, but I will still provide water in a cooler in the middle of Ridgeway Rd. Please be courteous and leave enough for other runners who may be behind you, and put your garbage in the bag provided.

Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace
  • I plan on hiking

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity; neither club membership nor registration for the FLRC Challenge is required. If you are not registered for the FLRC Challenge, you must sign the group run waiver. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2022 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set! (Check Webscorer to verify that you signed.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with meetup ideas.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride

0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

Thanks for setting this up, @heathercobb3. I’ll be there.

1 Like

I will be joining tomorrow and as of right now I plan to run the whole thing. :blush:

1 Like

Is anyone interested in running under 7:00 pace?

2 Likes

Maybe @ahaws or @Charlie_Hale? You guys could have a throwdown.

I’ll be there! :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing folks and getting this challenge course finished!

1 Like

@adamengst I would love to join, but it’ll have to be another time :slight_smile:

I wish!

1 Like

Shout out to @Jmclemons, @DanVerderosa, @lizhartman, @patrickmilano, and @brittanycronk for coming out to Brooktondale to run. Saw a few “rogue runners” with @melissawallace’s group ending their run as we were beginning ours, and a few other Challengers scanning out when we were enjoying breakfast under the tent.

2 Likes