FLRC Challenge Lansing Center Trail group run Sunday, May 15 at 8:30 AM

FLRC Challenge group runs have been huge hits, with 20 to nearly 40 people each time—join us again this weekend! On Sunday, May 15th, we’ll run the Lansing Center Trail course with the hope that a few weeks of sunny weather has dried it out a bit. It’s only about 3.4 miles, so you can run it once or twice, and you could also swing down to the Lansing High track for a Sweet 1600 if you want. If you aren’t signed up for the FLRC Challenge (plenty of time!) or haven’t yet signed the FLRC Training Programs waiver already in 2022, please do one or the other. We’re happy to help if you need assistance getting started with the Webscorer app on your phone.

We’ll meet at 8:30 AM at the Lansing Center Trail parking lot, where the FLRC Challenge sign is located, and start running at 8:45 AM. There’s also parking across the street at the Lansing baseball field. Carpooling is encouraged!

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with meetup ideas.
  • I need a ride
  • I can give a ride

0 voters

For post-run breakfast and socializing, we’ll hang out at the picnic tables near the parking lot, and you may be able to get breakfast food at the Lansing Market just up the road. I’ll bring some rhubarb bread to share again—gotta empty out the freezer before this year’s rhubarb comes in.

Please register in the poll below using your flat road pace so everyone can see if they’ll have pace partners. Given the soft and hilly nature of this course, we’ll all be running proportionally slower than the paces listed. (Click the icons under each answer to see who has voted.) It’s a squirrelly course with lots of turns, but RunGo directions are available and you can pretend you’re Pac-Man as you go around all the loops.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-and-up-minute pace

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, and hope to see you Sunday!

Um, just ran the course this morning, and it is still muddy in places. Full disclosure: I don’t like mud, so my interpretation may be a little biased. :wink:

Yay, I’ll be there (and would love a ride is someone is available) :grin: thank you!

With luck, this week’s dry sun will clear up some of that mud, but I still wouldn’t recommend new shoes and white shirts. :slight_smile:

Or maybe wear white shirts and see who can get the nicest mud design on their back?? :wink:

3 Likes

After muddy cross country races, we often compare to see who has ended up with the most mud on their legs. It’s something to do with stride types, but we’ve never quite figured it out.

1 Like

Anyone headed to this from or passing through downtown Ithaca? I would love a ride.

Tonya and I will pick up @aaron.proujansky1 at 8:10 AM at the bear in front of Teagle Hall, and if no one speaks up who’s coming from downtown, we’ll get @JesseKoennecke as well.

@Dina_Maxwell, can you give @Benedetta_Carnaghi a ride? She’s at Hasbrouck, so roughly your part of the world.

Thank you so much, Adam! I can also be at 8:10 AM at the bear in front of Teagle Hall, if that would facilitate things.

If you don’t hear back from @Dina_Maxwell, @Benedetta_Carnaghi, go ahead and meet us at the bear by Teagle.

@scottpdawson, any chance you and @amy-dawson could pick up @JesseKoennecke on your way through downtown?

I’ll be coming through Ithaca on my way to Lansing as well, so if anyone needs a lift just flag me.

Perfect, thank you so much @adamengst !

Thanks, @DamianClemons! Why don’t you assume you’ll pick up @JesseKoennecke at 511 North Plain Street. I’ll make sure he knows to expect you, say around 8:10-ish. @scottpdawson, @amy-dawson, you’re off the carpool hook. :slight_smile:

@DamianClemons thanks, Damian.as Adam said, I’m at 511 N Plain st. I can get to another spot downtown if that helps.

@jtk1 Jesse, I sent you a PM with my cell number in case you have to bail or have a change of plans. I also have the address in my Nav, so you can edit it out of the post if you don’t want your address broadcast on the forum. I’ll be in a 2005 White Escalade. See you tomorrow!

Also, FYI ---- I plan on bringing a watermelon to share after the run.

1 Like

Hi! Yes, @Benedetta_Carnaghi I can give you a ride. Please send me cell phone number. I just emailed you.

3 Likes