FLRC Group Run along South Hill Rec Way (And Olympic Trials Watch Party!) - Saturday 2/3 @ 8:30am

The next Saturday FLRC group run is this Saturday, February 3, along the South Hill Recreation Way, before the FLRC Olympic Trials Watch Party happening between 10:00-1:30.

We will meet at Bike Bar next to Ithaca Commons at 8:30am and be running at 8:45am - the staff there have very kindly agreed to open the premises specifically for us to leave clothing/ anything else you want to bring. The premises will be closed to the public whilst we run and watch the race.

Free parking is also available at S Cayuga St / Green St Garage on weekends, which should help people who need to travel into town by car.

We will be running up Hudson Street and joining the trail at the lowest point on the hill that we can, opposite Hillview Place, continuing left at the playpark - turning around at around 30 minutes into the run. I will go through this before we set off!

There will be post-run snacks (as well as beer and mimosas for purchase!) available so please stick around after for socializing to get to know fellow runners and enjoy a delicious breakfast, and cheer on the professionals looking to make it to Paris 2024! Collegetown Bagels is also right across the road if you want some extra food during the race.

I have two easy requests for you this week -

• Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with.

• If you will be staying to watch the Olympic Trials, please also vote in the poll here, so I know how much food to get for breakfast snacks - it looks like it will be a good turnout!

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00 minutes per mile
  • 8:00-9:00 minutes per mile
  • 9:00-10:00 minutes per mile
  • 10:00-11:00 minutes per mile
  • 11:00-12:00 minutes per mile
  • 12:00-13:00 minutes per mile
  • 13:00+ minutes per mile
  • I plan on hiking
  • I am unsure of my pace, but I will be there!
0 voters
1 Like