Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt Week 1 kicks off Monday, 11/20

an outdoor “Christmas” Tree. was taken before Thanksgiving do not sure it should count …

2 Likes

and an unexpected gourd extravaganza

1 Like

Okay, so here is my week’s work:

Speed Limit

Pumpkins

I searched high and low for an outdoor decorated tree but lo and behold, what I was searching for was in my own front yard all along…

Sad, wet pumpkins.

A rather unimpressive sunrise…definitely not worth waking up for.

And my favorite - Turkey Trotting with my family.

4 Likes

Our “Turkey” is a Finger Lakes Runner too… Pic taken at the Cortland Turkey Trot!

3 Likes

Also our decorated tree…it’s a runners tree!

1 Like

I ran into the house after my run today and lo and behold I found Turkey! Also, it did t say what kind of tree decor so I went with a tree decorated with many birdhouses. You did say be creative and I took you at your word!

I had a lot of travel this week so just got my pictures up. It didn’t say what time on Sunday was the deadline. So I hope I am not too late for week one!

1 Like

Weeks run from midnight on Monday to 11:59:59pm on Sunday.

Love this Scavenger Hunt! Mixed bag this week though…

World’s most unimpressive sunrise over the Lansing High School track on Wednesday:

Turkey (trotting) from Thursday’s run:

Pumpkins galore when I ran past Green Star on Friday morning:

Wiggly speed limit sign on this morning’s chilly run:

And I somehow completely failed to run past ANY outdoor decorated trees all week, so instead, please find a horribly back lit photo of a tree that has been decorated by the wind (or, a tree with a deflated balloon stuck in its branches…):

Bring on Week 2! :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Final find of the week, the Commons holiday tree. Now on to figure out where the French hens are for next week.

1 Like

I humbly present my submissions for the week after neglecting to post them one-by-one. I scored a whole flock of turkeys at the Turkey Trot! And that sunset? Invisible thanks to today’s cloud cover. But it’s there!

3 Likes

Here is my week! Kicked off by the Turkey Trot and ending with a cloudy day for a what would have been the time of sunset pic!

4 Likes

gorgeous sunset!

1 Like

Speed limit sign, at the school where I do my track workouts

:

1 Like

Pumpkin with cats. My neighbor gave me he pumpkin to make pie.

2 Likes

Outdoor decorated trees. Hard to find but I got 2, 1 is pretty unconventional.
decorated tree

Sunset from my field, dog walking
sunset

You didn’t specify “Live” turkey

1 Like

I am truly amazed at how creative and enthusiastic you all have been! Out of the 18 participants for week 1, 11 of you found all five items! You are listed below, but this week’s race director’s choice is @mplank for trying to pass off a bald eagle as a turkey. :thinking:

@bobtalda
@amalia
@aaronking32
@tonya-engst
@caitlin-loehr
@Sandy
@dianahackett
@scottpdawson
@amy-dawson
@debbliss
@Lorrie_Tily

The above participants, plus Melissa, will have their names entered into the drawing at the end of the event. Your name can be entered more than once, so check out week 2’s items and keep posting!

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me.

3 Likes

Thanks, @heathercobb3! worth the trouble of remembering to carry my phone on runs …

1 Like